Rant...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
So i have fished all week, 4am every morning up like a trooper and down the canal in appauling conditions doing what i love.

Last night though, i though, no, ive had it, ill next go when the weather gets better, today was forecast totally unfishable thunderstorms from 2am all day with severe weather warnings for my area.

I think, lets have a lie in! I wake up to find the sun is absolutely beaming down outside, there is no wind, and my mate was knocking my door down at 8am, he went it alone and had a load of slabs and is still there now, but coming home soon

[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][V]

Why?! Its not like i trusted a dodgy company i consulted the metoffice website first before any other...i want to cry, someone comfort me, im bored now :(

ubat

Fishing styles and venues change, the weather forcasting accuracy doesn't, do not worry about ranting, most of us have been there, got the t shirt etc etc........

Ady

Formerly Adymon
lol, ah well, next time ill just check the weather, then act in the totally opposite way than i usually would, i will probably be better off [^]

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
You see you contradicted yourself, you said you didn't trust a dodgy company and then you said you trusted the met office :D Do you remember when they said there is no hurricane coming, I bet Seven Oaks does!!!!

Didn't I read somwhere that in the UK the weather is going to improve from Thursday? I have my fingers crossed for you!

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Haha ^ Met Office, i usually believe is the most accurate, looks like i could have asked my 4 year old sister "Rain or Shine Molly?" and id have gotten a more reliable answer [:p]

Apparently its going to get better yes, although im hoping this good weather today lasts till then, i want a couple of sessions this week!

Got a "Rod Race" on another site whereby we need to catch as many species of fish as we can over the weekend, different fish get different points and all that, should be good if the weather holds out!

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
I like the sound of the Rod Race, what an excellent idea, it strikes me that something like that needs some real skill as for some species you need to change your tactics and in addition if you get a different number of points for various different species it makes you think about in what order to go for them. I think I would start with the easy touch species (I presume these score less) and build up to the higher scoring species. Whats your approach?

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Well, the fishing is from Friday Midnight so Saturday 00.00, and all reports and pictures must be posted by Sunday 00.00.

There may be a few reading this from that site but im not bothered, we all have our own tactics. We need to take a photo of each fish, with a Friday Evening newspapre to prove they were caught over the weekend. As you suspect, Roach, Rudd, Bream, score pretty low and then the different strains of Carp get higher points. Chub, Barbel and Tench score well. Ornamental fish such as Golden Tench, Golden Orfe also get good points and then the more obscure smaller fish such as Minnow, Gudgeon etc get the good points, it may well be worth going for one of them than trying to get a number of the other species!

If we get a website record sized fish we get a large number of bonus points too, although some of the records are quite chunky, they will be very hard to beat!

Our plan is to Spend a night at the canal Friday Night, fish it early monring for the Bream,Tench and Carp. At about 7am set off to a commercial we like to go for the ornamental fish and at the same time all the other fish. Taking a Pole, Waggler Rod and a heavier rod for feeder fishing so to cover most styles. Saturday night and Sunday day is yet to be fully arranged :)

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
I love this idea, it really is brilliant! Not only that, you can actually have matches that dont involve all the people being in the same place, it requires the anglers to think about not only their tactics but also the venues they will fish and you dont need to apply the same time limits as would be involved with a conventional match. I would have real problems here because to my knowledge you can't catch ornamentals anywhere, commercials dont really exist in Lithuania, but the rest of the species would be fine.

How do you stop cheating though, I mean people could use a net for the smaller species in the margins or get mates to help them out? It would be a shame if the system was abused because to me it seems a real winner!

Last edited:

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Your read my mind, apparently some of the species like Gudgeon can it fact be had by dipping a net into the margins but there isnt any real way to stop that im afraid, just depends who is honest and who isnt!

Would be nice to have one of these regularly though!

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
Well if you are ever bored I wouldnt mind having a rod race with you for a bit of fun some time although as I said earlier, I couldn't compete with regard to ornamentals. Anybody else fancy a go? Do you have a copy of the score sheet?

Enigma

Armchair Carper
No such thing as bed weather just the wrong clothing.......get out there and fish ya big jessy...

Ducks and runs for cover....LOL

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Haaaaaaaha

Im hardcore me, i fish in all weather and because i walk, 99% of the time without a brolly.

but i do need some waterproofs or some waders big time :(

Andrew, sounds good, its cheaper for me to fish venues without ornamental fish anyway, we should sort something out!

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
Sounds good, I will let you know next time I am free. I am guessing it doesnt need to be a whole weekend, it can be just one day for example?

steak

Left hand drawer
I think you'd be more accurate with Mystic Meg [:D][:D][:D]

Steak.

Status
Not open for further replies.