Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

keiranrussell

this may be a long one but please have a read
my local club had four small ponds, two from way back and two freshly made ones in the 2000 regions, the old ones has a slight bit of weed but it was maintainable, the new ones had no weed problems, the club let the other ponds become so weedy they had an exucse to drain them and stock the other ponds, then they let one of the new ponds become so weedy no pegs are fishable like the whole pond is weeded over eevry inch. and they other new pond is going the same way with around 7-8 of the pegs fishable... the reason this is happening in my eyes is sacking off any helpers or baliffs who know what there doing, 2 years ago before all the new comitee members came in wanting to fish a commerical club match every weke instead of our own and knowing either nothing about fishing or thinking there so ****ing brilliant there to good to help and sit and judge everybody elses gear , the one time they cleaned it is when hosting a match for another club. then left it to rot, the junior match had 5 pegs in draw the other day. im disgusted my club has gone to ruin, after being a member as long as i can remember fishing, its an awful thing.rant over[:D]

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
or run for the committe and make the changes !

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
If the majority of members feel like you then you have the power to do something, if you and they can be bothered.

If you are in the minority then you have to accept the decisions of the majority, that's how democracy works.

nick2b

How about getting involved and doing some work for/with the club - or is this just someone elses problem?

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
You should be putting your grievences on paper and submitting it to the club committee at the next meeting.
We get people moaning all the time about our club ponds but when it comes to work parties you never see them. They want everything for nothing but aren't willing to put time and effort into improving things. There is a small group of people who do all the work, closing ponds for the weekend if nessessary but the club does look after them for their efforts.

fishdogmick

catch alot
why dont you organize a working party,if its that bad all the members would help or knowing working partys may be not.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
one of my clubs has a close season and for the ten weeks its closed for fishing there are ten sunday morning work parties, these are not compulsary but are well attended and a good atmoshere is created with new and old members getting to know each other and also the club venues get the attention they deserve. for new members joining the club there is a deposit of 40 on top of the membership and joining fee, this though is reimbursed straightaway once the new member has done just 2 work parties in his first year, most new members once they have done a couple quite often continue to do them all circumstances allowing.

czpool

Nothing is unfishable get a double ended rake and go down and clear a swim or two or if you feel so strongly clear the whole bloody pool instead of moaning about it.

keiranrussell

Alot to answer too
there are or supposably work parties, however when weve helped in the past its been so unappreciated its unbelievable just normal 15-18 year old members out in waders raking and gathering fish with no thanks and just the club continueing to ignore the pond and say where gonna get it sorted again and again as time passes. and raking, ive raked pegs out on there its taken a while due to the ammoutn and now i dont want to rake as in some areas i see masses of fry and dont want to harm any

rodring

Account Locked
after being a club chairman for more years than i care to remember, there's two types of members those that do and those that moan about those that do. get a few like minded members together and get the job done.remind the committee that they are there to serve the needs of the club and it's members. come re-election time try and get yourself elected to the committee and see the view from the other ,it'll be a real eye opener i can assure you.

Last edited:

mattyts

answering on bahalf of keiran:
the weed is so bad the fry are relying on the weed for safety

stevelk

i'd say DIG IN, you are clearly chuffed off with the situation, are other members ? ..join up and make the difference...and screw the top pipes / commitee

Last edited:

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Originally posted by mattyts

answering on bahalf of keiran:
the weed is so bad the fry are relying on the weed for safety

All fish will rely on some sort of cover for safety but if dont remove the cover you wont be able to catch them. Get it raked and if a few sprats are lost its not the end of the world.

keiranrussell

ive raked a swim on the back unfishable pond was sorry to see some fry in my weed but i picked them out also its not like i aint been to a work party. been to alot, helped build new pegs but in ne features drain and stock the ponds, its not like people arent helping were just not appreciated

Captainswoop

Well, next AGM get some members organised and vote some people out. Sounds like time for a new Chairman.

groundhog

Life Survivor
[:)] Sounds to me as the club has a match orientated committee,i.e. they are only interested in fishing matches, and no interest in looking after the social fishing of the bread and butter general membership, as already said get together with a few like minded people, and come the AGM get youself and a couple more nominated and seconded, once your on the commitee you can alter the things that you are complaining about, it will not be easy, but if you do nothing then nothing will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.