Rangers - liquidation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfbean

Account Locked
with the news that rangers will be liquidated and will need the support of other spl teams to renter the spl, would they just be better off joining the british leagues?

pole addict

Who would decide "where" in the English league Rangers would enter?
Prem league...Division 2...???

Surely they would still have to prove solvency before they could do so.

What would be the benefits of Rangers in the English league?...None.

Nemesis

AMBER + BLUE
Rangers would not get in The Premiership or the Championship because they could not meet the criteria laid down in the rules.

League one and league two are governed by a different set of rules,even though it comes under the FA umbrella.So,in theory the only place they can start is in L1 or L2 provided they are accepted at the AGM/EGM.

I can't see it happening myself,too many grey areas surrounding it.

Just as an example,who would travel to Ibrox for an away game from Bournmouth,Portsmouth or Crawley in L1 or Torquay,Plymouth or Southend in L2.

jcbenson

Account Locked
Not sure the geographical argument stacks up too much - as glasgow is at least a major airport and rail hub. Must be harder getting to the more northerly english teams on the east or west coast. I reckon I can get to glasgow quicker than Hull, for example.

But anyway, I don't see how it would be possible, unless they went in at non-league level and had to make their way up, as otherwise it would be a legal nightmare. If they got put into one of the leagues, I'd imagine there would be quite a few teams who would challenge it, seeing as someone, somewhere, would end up having to go down (whether that would be at the end of the season with an extra team demoted, whatever). Besides, they have their own league. You can't just move because you'd make more cash.

I'm sure my team, Everton, could make more money in the states, the MLS. Should we therefore be allowed to join? Of course not.

Last edited:

Gassy

Rangers would struggle in the championship, let them stay in the mickey mouse league as its their turn to win it, every time they get in europe its early exit time!!

H T B

Site Supporter
Sounds like not all votes will be going their way :)

davylad

Site Supporter
Originally posted by jcbenson

Not sure the geographical argument stacks up too much - as glasgow is at least a major airport and rail hub. Must be harder getting to the more northerly english teams on the east or west coast. I reckon I can get to glasgow quicker than Hull, for example.

But anyway, I don't see how it would be possible, unless they went in at non-league level and had to make their way up, as otherwise it would be a legal nightmare. If they got put into one of the leagues, I'd imagine there would be quite a few teams who would challenge it, seeing as someone, somewhere, would end up having to go down (whether that would be at the end of the season with an extra team demoted, whatever). Besides, they have their own league. You can't just move because you'd make more cash.

I'm sure my team, Everton, could make more money in the states, the MLS. Should we therefore be allowed to join? Of course not.

Yeah but it would be worth the extra travel time when you got there.[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.