rangariri match

Status
Not open for further replies.

lodge1

Another day in paradise,temperatures in the mid 20s ,blue sky and a light breeze.The river looked perfect to the 15 anglers that turned up and a good match was expected as the river fishes fairly evenly.I fired the hooter to start at 9/30, at 9/31 I had my 1st catfish.Fishing an 18 with 1.5lb bottom I was after the rudd and gold fish not catfish.Their rough mouths soon weaken light hook lenths.After a couple more catfish I changed to a 14 and 4lb bottom.I was broken off by a couple of koi[they just go for the far side and dont stop]but landed a small one around 3lb.A walk along the bank to take some pictures and to check on the others found most were catching.The weights at the end were not as good as other matches have been here, but it was fairly even. Most of the fish caught were catfish, with a few goldfish and koi. As you can see from the picture, shade was a priority. It ended up a very hot day.

Datafile3.jpg
I will get some action shots next time.
Results !st with 11lb10oz Barry Gausden[me]
2nd with 10lb 4oz John phillips
3rd with 9lb Dennis Brewin

Polepot

Poles
Barry,

Nice post and well done.

All I can say is roll on summer and the reports will brighten up from here too.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

martin.

Account Locked
good result barry & nice picture keep em coming

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

Lurcher

What do you mean paradise, sounds like hell in all that heat. Malc's baggin series are going to be in the evening for this UK summer so when it does get hot and sunny we should do better.
But if you dress up warm even a 0 degree iced over pool can be fun to fish and sometimes we even catch.
Saturday 15/02 temperature went up to +3 degrees Andy Woods and I both caught a lovely catch of roach three or four broke the pound at Makins phase 2. So we went back next day fished same peg about 5 degrees but a wind chill of -10 and I caught 20 carp and a barbel best fish 8lb carp and 7lb barbel, but only 1 roach and 1 rudd.

G.R.Eggison

Status
Not open for further replies.