Raker lakes, Horseshoe and Highbank??

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig b

Has anyone fished here recently?? i have a club match on the Horseshoe this Sunday and then 2 week later we are on the Highbank lake. as much info as poss please [;)] baits, pegs, methods thanks all [:D]

Carpmiester

Craig. last time I fished this around 6 weeks ago it was either pellet over dampened micros or chompie to the far bank. Pretty standard canalised commercial tactics and stocking. Feed margins for fishing in the last hour or so. Not been on Highbank for years...

craig b

cheers guys i wasnt sure if floating baits was allowed is peg 29 the one on the bend if so its a good peg from what i remember from about 3 yr ago lol and its about 18 mtrs across there isnt it.
thanks again guys

bigwaynemfishin

Craig,peg 29 is the one next to end peg 30 on horseshoe.If someone is in peg 30, 29 wont get half the fish as peg 30 will because the fish tend to be in the reeds and under the bushes on peg 30.Get a sliced loaf and cut off the crusts with a pair of scissors.then cut the crusts into about 1 inch pieces for the hook.Its about 16 mtrs to the far bank on peg 29.Tight lines mate.

craig b

i think Leeds juniors have a match on the horseshoe today does anyone know how they went on? and thanks again bigwaynemfishin.

Hatman

Drawbag ace
Anyone been recently? Got a match on Horseshoe in the morning (sunday 23rd) and any last minute info appreciated, I've never been there before.

Status
Not open for further replies.