Raised by Wolves

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
New Sci fi series , Ridley Scott directed , first 2 episodes promising

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Thanks for heads up. Looking for something new to watch with my sister after she's got bored of Band of Brothers. Too much 'firing' for her. Reckon Ridley Scott is a great director but also hit and miss recently compared with the few great films he's done.

H T B

Site Supporter
Having binged on Queen of the South , have just finished the much shorter The Fall
Recommend both (Gillian Anderson in a police uniform should be in squeeze of the week 😍)

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Watched the first 2 episodes last night. Not really a Sci-fi fan but I did enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing more

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I did not think much of the recent Alien: Covenant and Prometheus films although Alien (and Blade Runner) are both classics. He has a lot of films I don’t think are much cop but when you factor in Black Rain, Someone to Watch Over Me, and Black Hawk Down alongside those classics it makes him for me a great director who I’ll always check to see if he’s on form.

jods

Site Supporter
HBO max not available in UK at mo Pirate bay time. :sneaky:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Always looking for new things to watch. I like thrillers and noir.

Have been watching Band of Brothers with my sister which I really like. Reminds me of when the Playstation game Medal of Honour came out. Too many battle scenes and ‘firing’ for my sister though, we managed to the fifth episode and she said she wanted to watch something else.

Brother in law wanted to watch The Long Goodbye with Elliot Gould that is a decent film if a bit slow. I said no, lets watch a film by John Cassavetes, renowned for their acting, and should start with A Woman Under the Influence. Turns out 15 years after I last saw it it’s one of the worst films I’ve seen. The lead actress, Gene Rownlands, just pulls ‘funny faces’ worthy of Jim Carey from the start of the film and is driven insane by her husband, Peter Falk, who tells her to shut up from the start.

Another film I recommend a lot is Ridley Scott’s Someone To Watch Over Me that I think is dark and gritty. I'm watching it again tonight but it was the last film I watched with my last girlfriend who had autism, she didn’t react kindly to it, not good with dark storylines and tended to take them literally. Then she dumped me the next morning.