Rainfords Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

andykel

Today i decided to have a go on Rainfords/Horrocks flash in Wigan (accessed through Spring view Fishery). I picked the peg last sunday and have wandered round a few times mid week having a look.

Arrived this morning at 6 to a lovely sunrise and it is a lovely peg. Started fishing at 7 as had to make a rig up it being that long since i've been fishing!!! Started off with a small 1oz perch within a few minutes. This carried on until 9am and had a few small perch to around 3oz. In between i had to switch to tip rod as HUGE electrical storm overhead. Then i hooked a fish that felt a little bigger 4oz maybe i thought, then nothing. Rig came back and hooklength had been snapped halfway along with no pressure so me thinks either a small Jackie or an eel went through it. Nothing then until 12 o'clock tried different baits (maggot, caster and worm). Then got a small perch again followed by what i thought was another perch with the way it was tugging at the rig. Threw the pole back and then saw a new PB tench break the surface!!! 5lb 7oz!!! I nearly fell in with shock. did not expect this. Went back in and got not a bite for 2 hours when the float slowly sailed under and he hit another nice tench, this time a little smaller at 2lb 8oz - both came to chopped worm over hemp, caster and red maggot. Wrapped up at 3:30 after one of the most enjoyable days fishing i can remember.

Lovely fish, from a wild water with picturesque settings all 5 minutes from town centre! Would highly reccommend if you fancy something different.

Have pics but can't upload [:(!]

Andy

rourke7719

Big Stu
Good report mate, its great to hear people fishing on the flashes.

Dare I ask where your peg was?

andykel

you can ask away...but probably won't get an answer. I fished Rainfords with my back to the railway line but i love the peg and don't want it common knowledge :)

andykel

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/...//img641.imageshack.us/img641/4056/viewn.jpg

These were from last Friday

crumpercatcher

Good to see some nice tincas coming out of Rainfords. [:D]
tench1.jpg

tench2.jpg

viewn.jpg

Last edited:

andykel

HOW??? How have you go the pictures in the post?? Driving me mad now and i make a living as an IT Manager [:H]

crumpercatcher

Originally posted by andykel

HOW??? How have you go the pictures in the post?? Driving me mad now and i make a living as an IT Manager [:H]

I am a computer numpty [:D]

Click the insert image button (11 across from the format B I U bit it looks like a small picture of the sun and some mountains with a small black arrow pointing at it.

Right click on the picture and select view image info, copy and paste the location http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7813/tench1.jpg in between the image tags (->
<-)

Use preview to check your pics are showing up correctly.

[ IMG]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7813/tench1.jpg[ /IMG]

Like the line above but remove the space between the [ and the IMG]so it looks like that both sides with the / on the right hand image tag.

Last edited:

andykel

ah thanks - am now wearing my dunce's hat and hope none of my colleagues are on here ;-) or my boss for that matter!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.