Rain

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
How's the country recovering from the drought, up here in the northwest we had no hosepipe ban and had a good 6 or 7 hours of drizzle, light rain today. How is your area doing ?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Was never a drought in the north east.
But has rains most of the day.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Had a load of rain (by this summers standards) for a few days at the end of last month and start of this month just after the ban came in but I don’t recall it raining properly after that in the last couple weeks until last night when it tipped it down

Last edited:

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
We had some proper rain a few weeks back and that was enough to bring most of the lawn back to green (we still have some brown patches). But we've not had much rain since, we have some drizzle right now, but it won't last long. Thankfully the cooler mornings mean we often get a dew which helps to a degree, but we need some rain on a regular basis to replenish the water table - say 2 decent spells of rain a week for the rest of the year.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Had light rain overnight here. Can't remember what rain we've had but it hasn't made a difference to the Severn levels since the start of the season at least. Hate to be pessimistic but when it does finally rain it will 2m worth on the Severn.

Greeny1178

Site Supporter
Have Been in porthcawl all week has been like summer , blue skies and flat seas and quite warm .

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I was amazed the difference the rain at the end of last month and start of this month made to the river. Through July it was in ok nick but by mid august mega low but just a few days rain had it back to where it was in July by the first weekend of September if not a little higher then it hadn’t dropped much by the second weekend either although had got pretty low by the third weekend though. Shows the effect of it running off the dry ground straight into the river to get it up quickly but then no water seeping out of the earth to keep it topped up I guess as it dropped very slowly through July then like a stone in august before flying up in September before dropping again.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
One day of rain since start of July with a tiny bit of drizzle two days.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Tiddling down in fair Kent, light drizzle interspersed with downpours and I have just had a Met Office “Yellow Alert” flash up on my pad as I type this.

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
Had some rain a couple o' three weeks ago and made a difference here, Barbel started feeding. Well they started eating my boilies atleast.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
light rain overnight - Warks Avon gone up by an inch ... but dropping again now. Still very low and clear.
It will take a full winter of constant rain to refresh the aquifers ...