Rail strikes...

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
another pointless political thread going on the ignore list, it wasnt political as per Arry original post but people make everything political and its boring so im out
Of course it's political, every union member pays subs to the unions which fund the Labour party

Reuben

Site Supporter
just for a laugh i just sneeked a peak at what you wrote (wont do it again as it confirmed my suspicion), you do understand the definition of self indulgent i take it? really do not see how that can be related to anything i have said, also i have plenty of friends i can drink with, no need for any new ones, thanks for offering!

I would suggest more people use the ignore button, its good for your own sanity and its recommended by the Mods to use it rather than have arguments, i use it to stop seeing daft posts from people!

1655997526432.png
I agree with your last paragraph - & you’ve been on my ignore list for a while now….enjoy your expat lifestyle👍

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Of course it's political, every union member pays subs to the unions which fund the Labour party
Incorrect... every member of the union has the choice to pay into the political fund or not... its the law

Arry

Site Supporter
I was asked by my branch sec not to disclose the fact to new members... I told him to do one... not every member is a labour voter... such is the duplicity of the trade union heads...

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We did a weekly collection for the AEEU's 37 hour working week fund, basically to financially support members throughout the UK that were bought into industrial action by the union as part of their campaign for a 37 hour working week across the board.

To the best of my knowledge millions of pounds worth of collections were not used when the campaign ended but they could not be used for any other purpose nor given back to the donors as records were not kept of who gave what.
I would love to know where that money is now, or is it still locked away in the bank?

Arry

Site Supporter
We did a weekly collection for the AEEU's 37 hour working week fund, basically to financially support members throughout the UK that were bought into industrial action by the union as part of their campaign for a 37 hour working week across the board.

To the best of my knowledge millions of pounds worth of collections were not used when the campaign ended but they could not be used for any other purpose nor given back to the donors as records were not kept of who gave what.
I would love to know where that money is now, or is it still locked away in the bank?
Donated to the Labour party... all unions are expected to support them to a greater or lesser degree which is why they hold so much sway with Labour

Arry

Site Supporter
There was a time when all union subs were supposed to be a hardship fund for striking workers.. the shop steward went round and divvied up a bit of cash to those who needed it

stikflote

Site Supporter
I never got any hardship money last time i was on strike ,
and it cost afortune every bloody week to give to the miners ,

we were on very poor wages at the time

Arry

Site Supporter
Like I said... they pay shedloads of money to Labour party instead of using it for hardship payments

gingert76

Cebu, Philippines
lol how is that a moan? no beard no, just a bit of stubble, have psoricous so cant clean shave, sorry i cannot meet your clean shaven standards though my missus loves by stubble and bald head and i still pay all my UK taxes and NI contributions, and ive worked bloody hard for my dreams thank you