RADIO TWO FISHING PHONE IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwt4

On Jeremy Vine show today they had a phone in on Eastern Europeans catching carp and eating them rather than letting them go.
I dont know how they picked the calls and emails but the ratio was about 8 - 2 in favour of letting them having them, or a who cares attitude, a few examples of the great British Public were..

They get paid so little money by the social they have to subsidise there diet by catching fish.

Thats what they are in there for..

I think fishing is cruel, if your gonna mess them about and catch them with a hook at least when you have caught it kill it.
When told by a fisherman that angling does a lot to put the fish there in the first place, and if they continue to take them they would have no fish in them like Poland for example she said so what.. she then went on to accuse the guy of being a bit sick and a wimp because he was suppoedly battling his size and strengh against the poor fish, he was a bully she said, I also think she was animal rights actavist personally, the coulden't or woulden't see past her nose attitude, common with all of them.

I walk my dog on the canal every day and i've never seen a Estern European fishing.(He didn't say whether he also did it at 3 in the morning)

There wern't many defending this story, I know the idea with Vine is to play devils advocate on this program, but I didn't see much fair play here, I tried ringing in myself but the number was alwys busy..

Last edited:

midge99

sounds about right, as anglers we NEVER get our chance to put our point across

arkwright

FlyingCarpetPilot
Site Supporter
your not the only one who thought it was very one-sided and the number was busy all the time,im sure whoever was fielding the calls and mails was definitely anti-angling.

fishhead

toon barmy
Well when there's no fish to catch and we don't bother buying a rod licence and the rivers start stinking of pollution, DON'T BLAME US!

shonkyboy

Er what about Netto - you dont need a rod licence to go there and YOU CAN BUY FISH. And someone like me doesnt come along and chuck you in the cut.
AND EAT YOU!

stevieb

Shakin
Site Supporter
Originally posted by arkwright

your not the only one who thought it was very one-sided and the number was busy all the time,im sure whoever was fielding the calls and mails was definitely anti-angling.

With the BBC's reported current record on phone in's, falsifying phone in quiz answers, ripping phone in callers off, and even trying to humiliate our Queen..... an anti angling biased programme would not suprise me at all[V][V][V]

Steve

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
I ll be honest, I was trying to listen to it, but was at work, and too much noise going on so didnt hear alot of it, but the one guy I did hear was from Milton Keynes AA, and I thought he put his point across very well, but as usual, Mr Vine did his best to be (as the BBC is always telling us they are) "Impartial", and seemed to be very one sided, and made us out to be the bad ones in all of this.

Cheers Viney......pompous Nork, bring back Jimmy Young!
He was never scared to go against the majority!!!

Never mind, todays news, tomorrows chip paper as they say.

Will we NEVER be able to get our side heard FAIRLY??

Steve Beavan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/vine/

If you didn't like the show email mr vine and tell him what think of him. Note how there is no link for you to 'have your say'(leave a public comment) like there is for the other stories.

I suspect this is less to do with many at the bbc being anti-angling(they are!), and more to do with them sucking up to every johnny foriegner that jumps off the back of a container wagon.

Butch

Account Locked
Listened to it last night via their 'listen again' facility.

Jesus, was that program biased and ill informed. They had people on, obviously anti angling, who just spouted rubbish, no inside knowledge, just uninformed crud.

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
The BBC is a public service, how does this serve the Public, I am working hard with a dedicated team of people who care to try and educate while the great BBC are creating a volatile environment which means that even if we are successful and Lithuanian anglers become the most responsible in the world, when visiting England they will still face a hostile environment caused by idiots like Vine.

They get paid so little money by the social they have to subsidise there diet by catching fish. Speaking from vast experience of meeting and talking with Lithuanians that go to England, their only purpose for the trip is to make a lot of money quickly then go home to the Baltics and spend it... they dont go to England to be on the social! They catch fish and eat them because it is what they do at home not because they are hard up! Education will change this!

Thats what they are in there for.. Thats funny, I thought they were there as part of the natural way of things just as birds are in the sky and Radio 2 phone in users are in the Looney bin!

I think fishing is cruel, if your going to mess them about and catch them with a hook at least when you have caught it kill it... This person wasnt in the German Green party were they? See Thread with regard to fishing in Northern Germany.

When told by a fisherman that angling does a lot to put the fish there in the first place, and if they continue to take them they would have no fish in them like Poland for example she said so what.. she then went on to accuse the guy of being a bit sick and a wimp because he was supposedly battling his size and strength against the poor fish, he was a bully she said, I also think she was animal rights activist personally, the couldnt or wouldn't see past her nose attitude, common with all of them. Like I said... Looney Bin!!!!

I suspect this is less to do with many at the BBC being anti-angling(they are!), and more to do with them sucking up to every Johnny foreigner that jumps off the back of a container wagon. They suck up to all Johnny foreigners, no argument there but they dont all come off the back of a container wagon... thanks to the EU they can visit on a plane [:D]

cess monkey

There was one guy ( obviously a specimen angler ) who said it isn`t happening to carp because they are really hard to catch and to get one big enough for the pot is realy difficult.
He must fish a syndicate water because on most day ticket waters and puddles they are quite easy to catch.
As for a fish being big enough for the pot, thats a joke. I have seen a gang of foreigners take a bucket full of 2 to 4 oz roach and perch from my local canal for the table, so size means nothing to them.
Anglers like him should keep their gobs shut because they are living on another planet IMO.

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
In Lithuania they take the fish what ever the size, the smaller ones are fed to the cat. This is a matter of tradition and as I have said already it is completely an issue of education. As for catching Carp big enough for the pot, mostly those sold here in the supermarket are around the 2 to 4 pounds mark, sounds to me like the guy who phoned in thinks the fish needs to be much larger?

Last edited:

hempy

Alan
Originally posted by badpegpicker

Never mind, todays news, tomorrows chip paper as they say.

Thats what they said about the smoking ban but we got it !

Status
Not open for further replies.