Radio 5!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyprinid_boy

Can somebody enlighten me as to what has happened to Nick Fisher on Saturday mornings? and as to why we now have to suffer Nick Han'cock'?

A travesty as Mr Fisher has tried harder than anybody since the demise of 'steady' Wilson to promote angling. I was interviewed by Nick Fisher 7 years ago whilst re-stocking the gold valley complex and he was an all round good egg.

Mat

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Mat,

(taken from the newspage)

- Nick Hancock is to join Radio Five Live, as a fishing correspondent.
The comedian, and host of They Think It's All Over, is to front a new weekly show for anglers. Fish On Five will be broadcast at 6am on Saturday mornings. It aims to cover every aspect of sea, coarse and fly fishing.
Hancock, a keen amateur angler, said: "It's exciting to come to a subject as a relative novice and see if the expert help I'll be enlisting is actually worth anything. "Hopefully, the show will appeal to the cognoscenti who revel in the impenetrable language of fishing as spoken by the experts - and to newcomers like me whose main thrust is 'speak in English and help me catch fish'." The show starts on April 6 and will be backed by a website through www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive where anglers can ask questions and post pictures of their catches.

Apart from that I don't know why Nick was replaced,

Dave

Del-J

' Victor '
Why not listen to Talk Sport instead.
Kieth Arthur 6am till 8am [when he's not on holiday.] blahblah.gif

Del.
Like cool man - go fishin.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
A more direct link to the Fish on Five site is Here

Dave

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Del-j,
Spot on mate,it's Keith for me.
Talk Sport Medium wave 1089 & 1053.

Have you heard Betty the baliff from Tiptree,she's barking!!!!!!!

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Cyprinid_boy

I've stocked and fished betty's lake and she is really mad, worse than you could imagine!! no oil painting either lol. am i allowed to say that dave?

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:
I've stocked and fished betty's lake and she is really mad, worse than you could imagine!! no oil painting either lol. am i allowed to say that dave?

Ooooops you already have.

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Del-J

' Victor '
quote:
Del-j,
Spot on mate,it's Keith for me.
Talk Sport Medium wave 1089 & 1053.

Have you heard Betty the baliff from Tiptree,she's barking!!!!!!!

Peter.

Betty ell mate she's even more barking than my mate from Blunderland??

As for Keith I reckon he's brill. Trouble is he has even more holidays than our Trev...lol

Del.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I met Keith Arthur at Whiteacres last September. Lovely fella,WYSIWYG kind of geezer. Also met Will Raison, personality of a blimp, but he can fish.

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Cyp,
You're not wrong
quote:I've stocked and fished betty's lake and she is really mad, worse than you could imagine!! no oil painting either lol.

Every year our club books the lake for one of our club matches (4th August this year) and the first site that hits you as you pull into the carpark is the deliteful Betty and her cormorant hound,enough said!!!!!!!!!!! roflmao.gif

Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.