R. Severn

Status
Not open for further replies.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Hi all I'm in the very early stages of organising a fish in on the Severn just outside Shrewsbury. Its a day ticket stretch with approx 100 pegs. Disabled access isnt very good but some pegs do have steps cut out. Fish to be caught include Chub, Barbel, Bream (yes bream to over 6lb), eels, roach and pike. I need to be able to talk figures going, with the farmer and the club involved. Up to yet the only figures I have been able to get is the cost of camping at the farm 5/6 per person for 2 nights. No toilet facilitys available.

Due to other events organised I may not be able to fix this for this year but if your interested please reply. John

chill out go fishing

ray

hiya john, count me in, if its next year it will not be a problem but this year, as you say there are other events planned so it would depend on the dates.

p.s do you mean the gkn stretch at bicton by any chance?

"a fool and his litter are soon parted" take yours home
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Ray, no its the L.M.S. stretch at Emstrey, just upstream from Atcham. Access is very good just 200yds from the Shrewsbury bypass.

chill out go fishing

martin.

Account Locked
hi esox
dates permitting there will be me +2

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi John,
Need to know the dates please mate.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Thats a big problem at the moment, Dates not only have we several fishins already organised I'm up against weekend matches to. I was after a general response so I could go better armed with info. Any way I have been told of another location that might be better suited for us to use. As soon as I can sort this out I will come back with further info. John

chill out go fishing

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
As discussed John, AOK.
Thanks for the call'

Def in if fit and well
Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

paul mc

sounds good to me but will hve to know dates b4 i could confirm my brothers wouldf probably go as well

Regards Paul Mc

vectradog

Hi John

I am definitely up for it,when you have more info I will talk to our lads who I am sure would be there to.
Catch you soon

Dave

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi John, if the access is ok then I would love to join you

Dai Fish

nutter

can anyone tell me how to get to the emstrey stretch from the A49 battlefield roundabout - I have directions to there from up north but have not gat a clue where to go from here - is there a turn off on the B4380 or am i on the wrong road alltogether???!!!???

cheers

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
No problem Nutter

As you turn onto the B4380 heading towards Atcham you'll see a little gateway (white fence next to it) drive down there right to the bottom & turn left just before the very end shed.

You'll see the bright yellow LMS sign park in front of it & off you go.

Bit of info for you pegs 50 & 49 are turning out barbel (I know believe me i know [;)]) Peg 50 is the first one on the right of the LMS sign & peg 49 is the nest one down stream from it.

Alan

nutter

nice one alan - mucho gracias

I've been before but not for about three years now - and i wasn't drivin' at the time - is it true they've had platforms put on all the pegs? - had some crackin' days down there barbel bashin'- thanks for the peg info I'll give 'em a go when i venture down there..

cheers

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Not really platforms mate just wood squares filled in with gravel etc.

But still good non the less, the steps have helped a lot as well, all cut in properly & edged with timber to make them secure.

have fun & don't forget the pics [;)]

Alan

nutter

will do, gonna need a panoramic camera for the barbel!!! - and then I'll be able to replace the picture in my profile (allthough the fry up is a good likeness)

just had a look through the pictures on the MADRAS club waters (still not stopped drooling over Sammy's river pic's) and I'm gonna wait till my mate get's back from portugal and see about joining the club - were both mad on rivers and ive been on the lookout for a decent club for ages. so if you've got room for two fat 'uns.......??

i fancy this fish in on the severn......any news??

cheers

pete

badatfishing

I'll start with a hello all as Im a newbie here and this is my first post
I'd be interested in a trip to the seven not fished it for quite a few years now.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
sorry fellas but at the moment John isn't upto anything after his operation so it looks like it'll be next year now [:(]

Alan

Ray Owen

'Nomad'
Hello matey,

Next years fine

Any chance of putting me on thelist (Might even be able to coax Dooby to come along )

tks

Ray

Where there is one Bream there are many more

Nige

Count me in as well for next year

Nige, Wishin I was Fishin
(Dreams do come true, 19 years & the Wolves are back in the Premiership!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.