R. Severn latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
The pub is called the old swan and is situated on the B4380. The cost of camping is 5.00 per night for a tent and include 2 people additional persons 1.80 per night. The fishing is 3.50 per day per rod. Money is collected daily by 'Jo'.

There are 2 pegs in the camping field suitable for disabled anglers and there is a large gravel bank in the next field. Disabled anglers only will be allowed to drive down the field to the bridge. This after informing Jo. A total of 30 pegs are available. We do not have exclusive fishing so we may have to share with other anglers. There are toilet and shower facilities available and drinking water. Food is available from the pub which is less than 100 yds from the campsite.(well within crawling distance).

The river is producing chub,trout and dace during the day. Barbel at night. Rumour has it several double figure fish have come out. Pike are also there the largest last year 19.5lbs with the average being 7/8lbs.

Bait? all the normal baits will work maggots meat etc.
Directions to the fishin are many and varied. So I suggest that you head for Shrewsbury get on the A5 bypass then on to the B4380 which is the old A5. If any one wants help with directions please email me. A map showing the exact location will be posted shortly.

Whoops.....I forgot to add this may be cancelled at the last minute if the weather turns bad and the river floods. The camp site will be under water. I will check river levels daily the week recedingthe fish in. My apologies for this but mother nature rules ok.

chill out go fishing

Last edited:

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Thanks John, myself and Daniel are definite, arrive Friday.

Catch you soon

Dai Fish

ray

i'm a definate, will arrive early sat morning.

looking forward to it.

think green...keep the banks clean.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
Haydn & Phil deffinately arriving Friday night. Staying at Broomfields farm b&b. Where do we get the day tickets so we can start early Saturday morning, please? Look forward to seeing you all and some good fishing......haydn & phil...

Trevski

John (essox) has told me that you basically
just go and fish and the lady that baliffs
will come along at some point and collect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If it were this simple...

Trevski

Yep, I'll be there first light sat morning through
till about 2ish on sunday. We have to leave early
on sunday because its my lads birthday and the
in-laws want to come round to give him his prezzies.
tsk.

See you there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If it were this simple...

ray

any sign of any rain yet john?

a fool and his litter are soon parted.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Forecast for the possibility of rain between now and Tuesday at least thas whay they said tonight. Its this bloody high pressure still hanging over the country which has given us such dry weather.

chill out go fishing

everyready

car park is locked at night after pub closes aprox 11.30 opens in morning I think at 7 but you are able to move your car from main car park around to the front late in the evening to get away early just ask one of the bar staff

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
The 7 day forecast for Shrewsbury and Wales is showers from Sunday till next Saturday, as long as these arent heavy or prolonged then all shoud be well. I will ring the river line Monday for a level report then periodicaly thru the week I will post the results here. If any one wants to ring for a report themselves the No. is 0906 619 7744 the part to listen for is Welshpool down stream to Shrewsbury.

chill out go fishing

everyready

as the weather looks a bit damp take pice of old carpet to fit under box and stand on it might save someone a early dip

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
Just had a word with the Almighty and asked him to stop the heavy rain. Told him I`d be good if he obliged.So have faith, the river levels will drop again before Saturday. I will, however, be taking my quilted all in one as it may be a bit nippy. It takes more than a bit of cold wet weather to stop me travelling all that way to meet new friends. Pike don`t mind it cold, or eels. LOL see u all Friday night....I HOPE.....HAYDN......

there is no such thing as a stranger..just friends who have not yet met.

Status
Not open for further replies.