r.r.p DONT INSULT US

Status
Not open for further replies.

ada

brummie
why do tackle companies take us for idiots and put rrp on tackle yet you can buy it for 30-50% less.example I bought a pole last year on a so called promotion.rrp799 promotion price 499,guess what 16 months later it is still 499.check out the adverts in the angling press all quote rrps, example bait runner rrp 104.99 our price 64.99 BARGAIN NEWCOMERS TO THE SPORT THINK,TO QUOTE A LINE FROM A SEX PISTOLS SONG "ITS A SWINDLE".it is nothing more than fraud,the trade discription should sort it out.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
When a trader buys stuff from the supplier they are given a sheet that states what the manufacturer thinks the price should be , this is known as Recommended Retail Price (R.R.P)

This means the retailer can charge anything upto (& in some cases over) the RRP.

No offence to you Ada but i wouldn't complain to much mate cos if they all decided to charge the RRP you'd be even more out of pocket.

Alan
You've just been moderated

ada

brummie
trogg I was refering to the manufacturers who advertise tackle with rrp's yet quote so called promotional prices,the price they quote for the promotion should be the rrp,as this price is available at all dealers,which includes the dealers profits.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
sorry mate my mistake.

NOW QUIT YA BLOODY WHINGING icon_smile_wink.gif

Alan
You've just been moderated

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Here's a bit of information for you all,

In the UK a company can legally sell a product displaying a RRP of anything up to 45% over the asking price.

Quite a few years ago I attended the training course for a large, national double-glazing company (go on - pass comment icon_smile_big.gif) and the price that the customer paid depended on the salesman.

The pricing book stated the RRP of the product, the salesman could give discounts on that price up to 45% off. You'll more than likely have heard it - a sign out side? Ok we'll knock 10% off, use it as a show house? Ok we'll knock another 10% off, Tell you what sign tonight and you can have a further 10% off - sale made and everyone bar the customer laughing all the way to the bank
At the full discount everyone got a 'wage' but nothing more so this was discouraged.

Tackle shops can display RRP as can every other outlet, the discounts come from the mark-up. There is a lot to be said for the 'stack it high - sell it cheap' philosophy.

Dave

norm

to right dave

my brother used to be a window salesman

the diff between the RRP and the selling price is the proffit that he makes and does not include the proffit that the shop makes

so if he knockes 40% off the rrp he could still make 20% proffit from the sale as the mark up of the rrp is approx %60 on plastic windows

it isn`t the size of the tiddler that counts

norm

ada

no afence what so ever mate

but when you buy a bag of crisps at say 30p rrp

the shop may have only paid 5p or even 10p but do we complain about that

and that would mean a 300% proffit

it is axactly the same

but we would not pay such stupid prices for tackle

and is just to make us feel we have got a good deal

it isn`t the size of the tiddler that counts

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Ada,
Don't knock it, take advantage of it!

You sound smart enough to wait until the prices fall and buy at the discount price.

Some people, 'the must-haves' buy the 'New' product immediately, which gives the 'designer label' firms enough front end profit to allow for a huge reduction on the remaining stock,

So sit back and enjoy mate!

Trev

Ziptrev pug.gif Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Status
Not open for further replies.