R.I.P Anthony (Tony) Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Towpath Tyke

Sadly the legend of madchester died today age 57 of cancer! God created th eighth day for dancing!!! [:)][:)][:)]

shonkyboy

Good bloke - he'll be missed. Nearly as much as the Club he created.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Such a legend, honestly I have never heard of him. What was he so famous for?????????

simon d

He gave us such bands as 'The Happy Mondays' and 'Joy Division',-the loss of a music legend.
Probably after the time you were in your prime Geoff.[;)][:D]

pegasus

benny
sorry but ive never heard of him... i thought he was somthing to do with football.

Columbo

Most people would probably recognise him as one of the presenters of Granada Reports if they live in the North West.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by simon d

He gave us such bands as 'The Happy Mondays' and 'Joy Division',-the loss of a music legend.
Probably after the time you were in your prime Geoff.[;)][:D]

Still in my prime (couogh) but obviously his taste in music was different to mine.

RedNeckAngling

9ft is too long
You're not really missing out on much Geoff. He was very much a rick with a silent p in my book.

Towpath Tyke

Red Neck who???

He helped create over 20 years of music that is still around today, and is still growing stronger and influencing new trends today, and tomorrow!!! . He created a club in Manchester that brought people of all walks of life together for the first time (white + black, rich + poor, gay + straight), not a easy quest in Manchester. [:)][:D][8D]

RedNeckAngling

9ft is too long
Originally posted by JONJOE

Red Neck who???

He helped create over 20 years of music that is still around today, and is still growing stronger and influencing new trends today, and tomorrow!!! . He created a club in Manchester that brought people of all walks of life together for the first time (white + black, rich + poor, gay + straight), not a easy quest in Manchester. [:)][:D][8D]

The "club" as you put it was/is nothing but a drug filled cess pool. Which Mr Wilson thought was great. I really don't care if he "helped" create over 20 years of music. The guy was an ass. No offence really. but thats just how I saw him.

john83

Account Locked
Originally posted by RedNeckAngling

Originally posted by JONJOE

Red Neck who???

drug filled cess pool.

you say that like it was a bad thing! [:D]

any club i went to in manchester or liverpool or the whole country for that matter was a dive, still had some brilliant nights and great memories, cream in liverpool was a sh1thole but still had some of the best nights of my life in the courtyard, was never into dressing up and posing like a ponce in some place with over priced drinks. a few eccy's and some decent house or techno, happy days [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.