Quivertip, Which 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leemays

Hello people, i have now decided that i am goin to treat myself to a new quivertip rod, as the 1 that i have got at the min is very much outta date and for which the tip on it is soft and weak as anything.

There are a few that iv looked at but i am sure there is better for cheaper out there.

what i am wanting it to do is beable to cast a fullyfilled method feeder and possibly a baggin waggler quite some distance.

So do any of u know any rod that springs to mind in a price bracket of say 40-60....?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Lee,
Have to say that nothing springs to mind in that price bracket,But if you can stretch to 90-100 then it's got to be one of the new Diawa "Porky Pigs"[:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

leemays

hi peter, my dad has got 1 of the new porky pigs and i dont rate them much at all. thanks anyway[;)]

kev coke

LEE
are you going to use the rod for mainly places like DRAYTON AND CLATTERCOTE.

KEV THE PEOPLES BOOKIE

leemays

Kev,

Well u are on the right lines their mate, something thats capable of BIG fish.

Do u have any ideas then mate???

kev coke

LEE
If i was you i would not bother with a quiver rod for the big fish in the summer i would use a carp rod mate i use a browning 2lb test curve carp rod for DRAYTON AND CLATTERCOTE using the baggin wag and method you cant beat them mate.

KEV THE PEOPLES BOOKIE

leemays

Well what about all of the the other venues that i will be fishing kev? And i would of thought that a 2lb testcurve carp rod would be goin o-t-t.

And does anybody know anything about the Vulcan-X

Beebs

I've got a Shimano Solstace in Light and extra heavy. Both come with 3 sets of tips of varying size and I've found them to be excellent. The extra heavy is ideal for method work and is very strong and the light is a superb rod for tench and bream of around 4-5lb with an excellent action.

Lid

The new 11'/13' Masterline John Wilson Avon Quiver looks good to me. It's got two tops, three tips and a butt extension. You can get it for 70 from several mail order companies.[8D]

Angling Direct of Norwich will give you a 14 day full refund including delivery [?] and collection charges if you don't like it. Under the distance selling laws, you are entitled to return anything you buy mail order within 7 days anyways. See this link :

http://www.oft.gov.uk/Business/Legal+Powers/Distance+Selling+Regulations.htm

I've just ordered one from Mullarkey's Direct, but haven't opened the parcel yet, so can't tell you if it's any good. [:D]

The only small thing that puts me off is the 3 push in quiver tips are white. But thinking about it, it shouldn't matter.

Lid

Last edited:

Trevski

If that doesn't work out why not try a Maver rod from Floats-Direct
on their "sale or return - 14 day home trial"?

Their reputation is pretty good as I'm sure Dave will tell. [:D]

Personally though I think you've made a good choice, the John Wilson
Avon rod is a belter, and as he actually uses the stuff he puts his name
to you can't grumble eh? [;)]

Lid

Well I just unpacked my new John Wilson 11'/13' Avon quiver and it seems a really good rod system, especially for the money. Have to wait till I fish with it before I'm sure, but I bet it will be just great. [^]

The only thing I find a bit different is that it only breaks down to 5'6". Most of my other rods are 3 or 4 piece beasts, so I'm not used to the long tube. Shouldn't matter though, but if I'm gonna carry it two miles across fields to reach a swim, I now need a bigger rod bag. [:D]

Lid - formerley known as Leighton [:)]

scott essery

'Silver man'
interesting Lid.

Kev

hows the footie going chap? ready to be hammered by the rugby boys this summer?
[;)]

im watching this post with avid interest and the eyes of a skinflint.

i too need a decent feeder rod for venues like Holly farm as my 1 3/4 TC heavy feeder rod simply isnt sensitive enough, but i only fancy spending 50 so a second hand jobbies what im after

if anyones got a spare they want to sell ..........[:D]

silver man

Last edited:

kev coke

SCOTT AND LEE
For the price range that you are looking at i would say go look at the ZEBCO RHINO range cheap as chips and i got one to they are an exellent rod.

KEV THE PEOPLES BOOKIE

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Got to agree with you Kev, there's some cracking revues of the Rhinos Here

Dave

matt

Yeah, the rhinos are great rods for the price. i have both the 12' feeder and the 13'float both of which are capable of handling big fish whilst retaining sensitivity. the biggest fish i've had so far on the feeder rod is a 21lb carp from drayton. the great thing about these rods is that they don't suffer from locking up due to the high % of glass fibre that is in the blank, oh and by the way, as already said, they are 'cheap as chips'[^]

HEY DUDE............

scott essery

'Silver man'
cheers Kev and Dave

the write up from those whove used it seems pretty complementary.

just out of interest how much is the 13 foot tip rod?

thanks lads [:D]

silver man

MrC

I also have a rhino special feeder, i do rate it highly, however i recently did something silly and loosend one of the eyes when twisting the rod to pack away. are they under warrenty? can i return it, or get it repaired? any help much appreciated. Mal

kev coke

SCOTT
The prices of the rhinos are
LIGHT FEEDER 11' 56
LIGHT FEEDER 12' 56
MEDIUM FEEDER 12' 59
MEDIUM FEEDER 13' 72
HEAVY FEEDER 14' 75
METHOD FEEDER 12' 59
HEAVY FEEDER 11'/13' 79

These prices are from FISHERMANS FRIEND

KEV THE PEOPLES BOOKIE

scott essery

'Silver man'
Cheers Kev

so you recon the Rhinos are ok then! I know i sound like a right noddy but i want to be sure .......... [8D]

i want to beat you guys this summer and just think how terrible it will be to loose 'cos i bought the wrong rod!!! [;)]

so the 12 foot medium feeder will be ok for sorting out 5lb carp from Holly farm and woodlands view?

silver man

kev coke

SCOTT
The 12' medium feeder is the rod that i have got and it will handle 5lb carp with ease mate i use mine at white acres catching carp to doubles.

KEV THE PEOPLES BOOKIE

Status
Not open for further replies.