Quivertip or feeder ?

Porkypig76

Hi , just wondering on people’s thoughts, I’m after a quiver tip rod 11/12 feet long, I target silvers in the summer and switch to chub in the winter. Lines between 1.5-6lb . Anybody found any rods that has the right balance for the 2 seasons or maybe a specific for either if not. Thanks maggots 👍👍👍

The one and only Harvey

He lives well who hides well
Site Supporter
The quivertip is the most commonly used device for detecting bites when fishing a feeder or a bomb. Of course, you have electronic bite detectors, and swingtips, and springtips, and, and, and . . .

I would buy a suitable Drennan quivertip rod of the right length. For example a "Drennan Medium Feeder Combo 11ft 6in to 12ft 6in". It's supplied with 1.5 and 2 oz, (glass tips) and 2.5 and 3 oz (carbon) tips. If you would like to go ligther, you can buy 0.5, 0.75 and 1.0 spare glass tips (preferably slow taper). This should set you up well for what you describes, and a lot more in addition.

cuzza

I would buy a suitable Drennan quivertip rod of the right length. For example a "Drennan Medium Feeder Combo 11ft 6in to 12ft 6in". It's supplied with 1.5 and 2 oz, (glass tips) and 2.5 and 3 oz (carbon) tips. If you would like to go ligther, you can buy 0.5, 0.75 and 1.0 spare glass tips (preferably slow taper). This should set you up well for what you describes, and a lot more in addition.
I have the earlier 11’6 to 13ft version of this rod and use it for exactly the role the OP wants, general feeder on lakes and rivers as well as fishing meat, bread and cheese paste for bigger chub and I’ve had fish to just under 5lb or so on it. I use it mostly at the shorter length but the extension is useful for a longer chuck and would probably help on bigger rivers.