Quiver tip strength

davvo

Site Supporter
Good evening all
I'm in the process of buying a twin tip rod for chub fishing, predominantly on the Tees and Swale. The two rods i have in mind are the Drennan twin tip Duo 125tc and the Daiwa Twin Tip Powermesh of the same tc. I believe the Daiwa has two tips one 1.5 and 2oz and the Drennan has two tips 2 and 3oz, but i cant for the love of me decide which rod would be best suited for the rivers i fish. Any advice would be really appreciated.
Regards
Dave

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Good evening all
I'm in the process of buying a twin tip rod for chub fishing, predominantly on the Tees and Swale. The two rods i have in mind are the Drennan twin tip Duo 125tc and the Daiwa Twin Tip Powermesh of the same tc. I believe the Daiwa has two tips one 1.5 and 2oz and the Drennan has two tips 2 and 3oz, but i cant for the love of me decide which rod would be best suited for the rivers i fish. Any advice would be really appreciated.
Regards
Dave
I fish the Swale at Cundall lodge farm and find that on a normal day a 2oz tip is fine. When it is carrying a bit of extra water then a 3 or even a 4oz tip is required. If it’s between those two rods I’d personally chose the Drennan my friend.

BoldBear

I’m in agreement with tipitinmick; 2oz and 3oz quivertips would be able to cope with more water conditions than the 1.5oz and 2oz quiver tips,
Diawa and Drennan both make good rods anyway but if you preferred the Diawa rod it’s possible that you might be able to buy an extra 3oz tip section separately which would also fit it, but I’m only saying ‘might’.

However like tipitinmick I would buy the Drennan rod with the 2oz and 3oz quivertips myself.

Last edited:

davvo

Site Supporter
Thanks very much lads. I wanted the Daiwa but had a sneaky feeling the tips may be too light, so now ill order the Drennan 12ft version.