Quiver tip/method feeder

Matt123

Hi,

I'm planning on buying a quiver tip rod to use with a method feeder as 'something to throw out there' in conjunction with float fishing. I have never used a quiver tip or method feeder before, i have had a look around but if someone could give me some pointers or recommend a product that would be great.

thanks

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
My initial advice is to use one rod / method at a time. Not both at the same time. All too often do I see an angler hook a fish on a float while secounds later his feeder rod screams off. The feeder rod gets left until the fish on the float is landed and put back. Then the feeder rod is lifted to find the fish buried deep in a weedbed. Often you'll see the angler then pulling for a break. Not good angling is that.

To answer your question though .... The Preston 10' mini carp is the best Ive found for method feeder fishing. Not too strong, nice line pick up but, with some beef to land big fish. All manufacturers make method feeder rods now. Just pick one that suits you.

Matt123

i'm not sure, nothing too expensive, doesn't need to be the best on the market more of just something to test out with me never trying this before, i could use it a handful of times and stick it back in the garage for another year. I need a reel also, was just going to buy the same as what i had on my float rod as never had an issue.. just not sure what it is until i pull it out.
Cheers

SeanB

Site Supporter
Have a look at the maver reality, they do a starter kit as well.
Amazon product
Shop around though, you can get them much cheaper than amazon are wanting.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
If you are going to use the tip rod as a sleeper then you MUST have a reel that will give line like a bait runner or a fighting drag slackened off or you will see your rod going merrily down the lake.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
I will have a pair of Maver powerlite quiver tip rods for sale in a week or so

11ft long, 2 piece and come with 3 seperate tips each, (only ever used the middle weight tip on each rod, so 4 are unused as new) being 2 piece they can be left set up in a rod bag for fast use

all I gotta do is give em a wipe up and clean

ideal for the method etc on commercials, will handle carp up to 20lb odd with ease, I know having had fish that size on em

if your interested they will be around £70 plus the post for the pair

Matt123

If you are going to use the tip rod as a sleeper then you MUST have a reel that will give line like a bait runner or a fighting drag slackened off or you will see your rod going merrily down the lake.
haha yes this has occurred to me, i was planning on just slackening the drag so if something did get on would start running the line without the rod swimming round the lake :D

Matt123

I will have a pair of Maver powerlite quiver tip rods for sale in a week or so

11ft long, 2 piece and come with 3 seperate tips each, (only ever used the middle weight tip on each rod, so 4 are unused as new) being 2 piece they can be left set up in a rod bag for fast use

all I gotta do is give em a wipe up and clean

ideal for the method etc on commercials, will handle carp up to 20lb odd with ease, I know having had fish that size on em

if your interested they will be around £70 plus the post for the pair

Yes possibly, although i don't really need 2, are yo willing to sell separate?