Quiver/Rod holdall/Sleaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow12345

So its about time I got a new rod holder. I currently have a match rod bag that has done me well but it time for a change.

I use two 13ft carp rods most of all, and i like the idea of being able to leave the rods set up.

Im looking for opinions anyone got a preference quiver sleaves holdall?

Col7777

I was a guy with a made up type one for his quiver rod:

What he did was use the tubing type holder for the rod but he had a slit cut in it to allow the reel to go in, the reel iteself was outside the holder but the part that attached to the rod was in the slit then he put the cap back on the tubing to hold it in place.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
I have a 13ft MAP CFS rod that came in a rod sleeve with a reel pouch so you can transport the rod already set up. I suppose you can buy the sleeves seperately. [:T]

Larry

Lazarus
I use the Shimano Quiver&Shimano Rod sleeves they are expensive but can cheaper ones .Iv'e used them for over 8 years now absolulty great idea. Originally bought 6 sleeves but got 12 sleeves now &just set up all my rods at home then choose what rods i want to suit what angling i'm doing.
But just bought another rod holdall that opens up flat so you get to all the rods without having to pull them out hold 3 made up rods&3 unmade rods for my river fishing&going to use the shimano for just Carp fishing.If you have good memory one holdall&sleeves will do if your like&abit forgetfull i'd reccomend 2 if you do different forms of angling.
I'd reccomend either of them great idea.

BoldBear

I have been using padded sleeves and quivers for many years now, I gave my rod holdalls to my son but he has also bought a couple of different sized quivers for his made up rods.

As soon as I buy a 2 piece rod I buy another padded rod sleeve to protect it.

The only thing is that they dont seem to sell many rod sleeves for short handled rods like the Greys Barbel rods etc. most sleeves have reel pouches that are usually to far from the butt end. and I usually have problems finding them in the shops.

I bought a Carp rod Quiver once which had six padded rod sleeves attatched to the outside and room for your bivvy etc. but It is far too big for me and I just use the rod sleeves with my smaller rod quivers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.