Quick knot question

Iluvlesta

Site Supporter
Just pre tying my lines before a perching trip tomorrow with jigs. I'm using a wire leader, how do I connect it to the braid line. Fig of 8 knot? Palomar? Blood?
Thanks

Iluvlesta

Site Supporter
Thanks @ukzero1 . New to braid and I've found it tricky to get knots to fully stick. I've gone for a 15 turn uni knot with double loop through the eye and loop back through the loop made by the loop! I've left a decent tag end in case of slippage too but hidden it all with an anti tangle sleeve. I do think I might have over engineered a little!

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
All I use is a tucked half blood knot, but no doubt others will have their own favourite knot.

davylad

Site Supporter
I do a fair bit of distance casting with beach rod and multiplier and usually 5oz of lead. I mainly use a braid leader, as I find it helps to get the rod bending, and all I ever use for the connections are, a double uni for the mono to braid, and a tucked half blood doubled up. Not once have I had any problems with the braid slipping.

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
Only 2 knots i use when tying to traces/swivels.

Palomar knot for lure traces, easy to pass the whole trace back through the loop to finish the knot, it's really strong, managed to straighten out a size 4 treble on one of my lures that ended up in a tree :D

For deadbait traces where i didn't fancy trying to pass the treble hooks through the loop of a palomar i use a simple 5 turn grinner/uni knot, have straightened size 6-8 trebles when pulling out of snags with this knot. (this is obsolete now because i've started building all my traces with quick change swivels which pass easily through a palomar loop)

So there you have 2 really strong knots, doubt you'll need any more than those 2 for predator/lure fishing.