Quick intro

steve king

The One and Only
Site Supporter
Welcome mate. Think there's a few members down your neck of the woods so you'll be able to glean plenty of information. The rest of the forum is populated by very old & slightly nutty Yorkshire gentlemen & a couple of us North West youngsters.
Old yes nutty yes Yorkshire through and through Gentleman NO
A Gentleman is a Man that gets out of the bath for a p**s and i don't

And a warm welcome to the site Cuzza

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Welcome Richard, I've some good memories of Old Bury Hill and the Dorking Club. :upthumb:

rudd

Site Supporter
Hi All,

As a very long time lurker, I thought I should probably introduce myself...

Have been fishing since I was a kid, primarily mixed coarse stuff with the odd foray into fly fishing along the way then moved to Canada twelve years ago with work and really got into the fly side of things there for trout, steelhead (migratory rainbows), salmon and bass (mostly smallmouth where I was) along with carp and gar. Managed to fish some amazing places along the way, Alaska, Montana, Idaho as well as around the Great Lakes and down the East Coast of the US.

Moved back to the UK just over a year ago and have been getting back into the swing of things fishing wise, updating gear and replacing some stuff Is old before moving away - have used the info on this site to guide some of those purchases, thank you! Have also been using my fly gear on the rivers for anything that swims with a good deal of success but wading a weir pool with a fly rod in December gets a) lots of funny looks b) everyone and his mother telling you it's not trout season even though the river is stuffed with Dace and Grayling that are partial to a nymph.

I'm based between Godalming and Dorking so have some great water to go at through those two clubs and have the lovely Bury Hill Fishery on my doorstep among others.

Hope I can contribute and offer advice where possible - have added some pics (with my ugly mug removed, you'll be pleased to hear)

Cheers

Richard
Should have called yourself DickDorking - would have got a giggle - immature bunch on here 😂

Zerkalo

Welcome to the forum, those are some beastly looking fish in the pics! 😁

Haven’t we got enough Dick’s on this forum ? 🙄🤣🤣

Soory Richard. Couldn’t resist that. I’m the one with the childish sense of humour by the way. Welcome on board pal. Nice to have you. 👍
My Youtube pseudonym is Dick Laurent. I asked Des Shipp a question and he replied "Hello, Dick". I probably should have warned him in advance to be polite that it was a pseudonym. It's from one of my favourite films.

cuzza

Welcome cuzza - interesting nickname. Is there a story behind it? or is it name related? (e.g. if your surname was Custard :) - which brings the topic nicely back to pies! :LOL: )
It was my nickname at school - fairly unique so not normally taken on forums 😊