Quick intro

cuzza

Hi All,

As a very long time lurker, I thought I should probably introduce myself...

Have been fishing since I was a kid, primarily mixed coarse stuff with the odd foray into fly fishing along the way then moved to Canada twelve years ago with work and really got into the fly side of things there for trout, steelhead (migratory rainbows), salmon and bass (mostly smallmouth where I was) along with carp and gar. Managed to fish some amazing places along the way, Alaska, Montana, Idaho as well as around the Great Lakes and down the East Coast of the US.

Moved back to the UK just over a year ago and have been getting back into the swing of things fishing wise, updating gear and replacing some stuff Is old before moving away - have used the info on this site to guide some of those purchases, thank you! Have also been using my fly gear on the rivers for anything that swims with a good deal of success but wading a weir pool with a fly rod in December gets a) lots of funny looks b) everyone and his mother telling you it's not trout season even though the river is stuffed with Dace and Grayling that are partial to a nymph.

I'm based between Godalming and Dorking so have some great water to go at through those two clubs and have the lovely Bury Hill Fishery on my doorstep among others.

Hope I can contribute and offer advice where possible - have added some pics (with my ugly mug removed, you'll be pleased to hear)

Cheers

Richard

Attachments

• chum.jpg
    chum.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 26
  • gar.jpg
    gar.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 26
  • smallie.jpg
    smallie.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 26

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Welcome mate. Think there's a few members down your neck of the woods so you'll be able to glean plenty of information. The rest of the forum is populated by very old & slightly nutty Yorkshire gentlemen & a couple of us North West youngsters.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi All,

As a very long time lurker, I thought I should probably introduce myself...

Have been fishing since I was a kid, primarily mixed coarse stuff with the odd foray into fly fishing along the way then moved to Canada twelve years ago with work and really got into the fly side of things there for trout, steelhead (migratory rainbows), salmon and bass (mostly smallmouth where I was) along with carp and gar. Managed to fish some amazing places along the way, Alaska, Montana, Idaho as well as around the Great Lakes and down the East Coast of the US.

Moved back to the UK just over a year ago and have been getting back into the swing of things fishing wise, updating gear and replacing some stuff Is old before moving away - have used the info on this site to guide some of those purchases, thank you! Have also been using my fly gear on the rivers for anything that swims with a good deal of success but wading a weir pool with a fly rod in December gets a) lots of funny looks b) everyone and his mother telling you it's not trout season even though the river is stuffed with Dace and Grayling that are partial to a nymph.

I'm based between Godalming and Dorking so have some great water to go at through those two clubs and have the lovely Bury Hill Fishery on my doorstep among others.

Hope I can contribute and offer advice where possible - have added some pics (with my ugly mug removed, you'll be pleased to hear)

Cheers

Richard
Welcome aboard 😁

cuzza

Welcome mate. Think there's a few members down your neck of the woods so you'll be able to glean plenty of information. The rest of the forum is populated by very old & slightly nutty Yorkshire gentlemen & a couple of us North West youngsters.
I noticed the Yorkshire contingent ;) I grew up near Lancaster so that puts me proudly in the north west group!

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Haven’t we got enough Dick’s on this forum ? 🙄🤣🤣

Soory Richard. Couldn’t resist that. I’m the one with the childish sense of humour by the way. Welcome on board pal. Nice to have you. 👍

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Welcome cuzza - interesting nickname. Is there a story behind it? or is it name related? (e.g. if your surname was Custard :) - which brings the topic nicely back to pies! :LOL: )

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
at least us, very old & slightly nutty Yorkshire gentlemen are on the right side of the pennines ,unlike the north west youngsters :upthumb: :ROFLMAO:

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
Hi All,

Cheers

Richard
hello and welcome,i wouldn`t worry about your "ugly mug",i dont think there are many "page 7" men on here :unsure: