Quick Impromptu Canal Session

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
We were looking by the Plough pub, parking and the walk was OK, except the bridge to cross the canal might be a bit steep. The narrow tow path wasn't great.. For a cheeky canal session, prefer where we fished. But for me, the Thames at Tadpole is closer, takes longer to load my gear into the wagon than it does to drive there...
The stretch we fish has good parking and a decent towpath.
I wonder if the Jolly Boatman pub about 100 yards along the road charges for parking. ?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
The stretch we fish has good parking and a decent towpath.
I wonder if the Jolly Boatman pub about 100 yards along the road charges for parking. ?
Doubt they’d let you park at the jolly boatman. Mega narrow bit of canal there as well.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Doubt they’d let you park at the jolly boatman. Mega narrow bit of canal there as well.
We fish to the right of the jolly boatman past the lay by as if going back to kidlington. Towpath very wide just before the bridge . Sometimes layby can get full.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
We fish to the right of the jolly boatman past the lay by as if going back to kidlington. Towpath very wide just before the bridge . Sometimes layby can get full.
Towpath looks decent but the canal by the pub is very narrow so assume it widens out further down?

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Towpath looks decent but the canal by the pub is very narrow so assume it widens out further down?
It does ,walk along as if going back to kidlington from the pub. You will go by the layby entrance, boats are moored up here,go past the boats and it widens out just before the bridge.