Quick change swivels.

granda

I've been using these hooklength links in the smallest size for waggler fishing and found them to be really handy for swapping hooklengths especially as my eyes are no longer what they were.
Come June I'll be back on the rivers and thought it might be a good idea to use the largest size on my chub rigs to quickly change hooklengths between hair rigged bands and straight hairs and would be a real benefit to me on dark winter's nights aswell.
They work fine on a waggler but does anyone use them for heavier work on rivers where there's more debris to contend with,in other words would you trust them not come loose or fail on a decent chub in a snaggy swim?

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
They are generally a lot stronger than they look. People use them for specimen carp fishing.

I’ve used them for years in all sorts of situations and never broken one that I remember. They wouldn’t break before the line.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
I cant see it being a problem we use them often in Ireland for feeder fishing which can get to a similar level as Chub fishing, just use the medium or large versions for more security.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Odd this I was going to ask a question. I had two packs arrive today micro and mini, both look very small to me. Can you guys assure me they are reasonable strong then? Mine are size 18s and 16s I feel I should have brought a little bigger. To fit lines 5lb and less?

RMNDIL

The wire of the swivel will be stronger than your line unless you're using rope

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Odd this I was going to ask a question. I had two packs arrive today micro and mini, both look very small to me. Can you guys assure me they are reasonable strong then? Mine are size 18s and 16s I feel I should have brought a little bigger. To fit lines 5lb and less?
I've used the smallest Drennan ones with 6lb main line and hook links up to 5.6lb. I've had tench to 7lb 15oz from a very weedy lake and carp much bigger without any problems. I also use them when floatfishing rivers but haven't had anything much to write home about from a river for a while. Just make sure that the sleeve is pulled right down and over the hooked bit.

I do wonder if some confuse the little quick snaps (which aren't really snap swivels) with the older, usually bigger, quick change swivels. The latter can generally tow boats if the line is up to it.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Sam mine are the new Drennan ones called 'quick snap swivels.'

Northantslad

'Any indications?
They are spot on for river use, get them in the larger sizes and sleeve them with a tail rubber for a tidier finish and bit more peace of mind.