Quick bbc2 winterwatch - fissssshhhhhhhh

rudd

Site Supporter
He is a knob.
Interesting seeing the small Roach and Perch being hammered by Trout.

Bet Pachham lkved getting the shot of the Cormorant into the show.
BBC failed to point out it doesn't belong on that river!

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Another thumbs down for Packham, he makes me want to puke.

Just another no nothing weirdo forcing his opinion down our throats.

rudd

Site Supporter
Packham for Labour party leadership 😬

Drawbridge raised 😆

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Never been impressed by this guy, unlike stalwarts such as Hugh Miles, who I met years ago at Bath, and a friend of mine who was with BBC Wildlife in Bristol for 30 years, and head of the RSPB's film and video unit in the days when it focused just on birds

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Personally I'd rather have someone I can respect, and who's knowledge and application is both practical and educational. That beats razzamataz and modern day "presenting" skills any day of the week for me. Having enthusiasm isn't the same as having knowledge. We've got more than enough gushers already on tv and those that paint false pictures by spinning up subjects.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Agree with the general sentiment that Packham is in a lot of ways a prat. I can tolerate him as a presenter and he is enthusiastic about elements of the natural world which is of course good but he is also utterly clueless or at least blinkered on many other elements of it so really isn't qualified for the jobs he's given.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Packham is an ar**hole, i was at a wildlife event about 30 years ago, met some lovely people called Terry and Michaela who were crouching down talking to the kids, signing autographs, posing for photos and talking about wildlife.

Then i saw an ars*hole called Chris who had been on stage with Terry and Michaela but after the talk had finished he just pushed his way through a bunch of kids who wanted his autograph, claimed he was to busy to be bothered with a bunch of noisy brats and vanished behind a fence.

He once said angling is a blood sport that kills more than just fish, it should be banned, a short while later he annouces how some anglers are great conservationists, he said shooting should be banned, than when interviewed by a shooter he denied meaning it as it was said and claimed he only meant grouse shooters should be banned.

Of course a few years ago he was diagnosed with autism which could go a way towards explaining his attitude sometimes, there is no denying the man has a love of nature but he needs to think about what he is saying, maybe even write it down instead of just blurting out whatever comes to mind at the time.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Packham is an ar**hole, i was at a wildlife event about 30 years ago, met some lovely people called Terry and Michaela who were crouching down talking to the kids, signing autographs, posing for photos and talking about wildlife.

Then i saw an ars*hole called Chris who had been on stage with Terry and Michaela but after the talk had finished he just pushed his way through a bunch of kids who wanted his autograph, claimed he was to busy to be bothered with a bunch of noisy brats and vanished behind a fence.

He once said angling is a blood sport that kills more than just fish, it should be banned, a short while later he annouces how some anglers are great conservationists, he said shooting should be banned, than when interviewed by a shooter he denied meaning it as it was said and claimed he only meant grouse shooters should be banned.

Of course a few years ago he was diagnosed with autism which could go a way towards explaining his attitude sometimes, there is no denying the man has a love of nature but he needs to think about what he is saying, maybe even write it down instead of just blurting out whatever comes to mind at the time.
He was never diagnosed with autism. He's always claimed that he is autistic. He was diagnosed with Asperger's.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
He was never diagnosed with autism. He's always claimed that he is autistic. He was diagnosed with Asperger's.
ok just to be precise, he was diagnosed with Aspergers syndrome which is part of the Autism spectrum disorder

Philocalist

David Bellamy was exorcised for refusing to go along with the man made climate change scam.
I know - a big loss in many ways. I always liked his bumbling style of presentation, and got to meet him quite often, years back, as he lived quite close, and subsequently lectured at Durham Uni - overnight, he went from being a household name to virtual obscurity, simply because he spoke HIS mind as a scientist, and was subsequently ostracised by both the BBC, and the Wildlife Trusts, where he had been president for more than a decade!