Queueing must be an english thing

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Been Blackpool today with partner, daughter and partners lad. Queued for Pepsi max (big one), iron bru (revolution). Lad wanted to go on Dodgems, partners lad has down syndrome guy on ride told us to go to wheel chair entrance and he would let us in. After dodgem ride he said go up exit and tell them we had disabled child in wheel chair and we would get on without queueing. We did for rest of rides and within 10 minutes we were on. Was great for him but myself, daughter and partner all agreed that the queueing was all part of the experience and that was missing.

Tristar

Michael McIntyre did a great gag about English people queueing at Airports, I need to find it, it's spot on :D

I think queueing patiently is an English thing however in traffic jams in our steel protective casing it's a different thing, we are not so polite to other people around us. I was doing 30 in a 30 today as a bimbo in her husbands 4X4 tailgated me for two miles flashing her lights eventually overtook on a zebra crossing and either offered me a pleasurable experience or she was practicing for her audition at the old Nescafe advert by shaking her beans at me. Quarter of a mile later at the red lights, guess who was there? She wasn't so communicative then as I drew along side.

In contrast to that I took my children to Gullivers World with my partner, queuing wasn't a problem to people at all. We spent 2 hours in a line (I kept thinking of long trotting for Roach and Grayling) at the Log Flume, eventually we got on, went around a bit, got slightly scared then got splashed......mmm thrilling. Waited 2 hours for an experience that lasted 2 minutes, a bit of movement, overhyped, a scream for 10 seconds then wet through.....she could have stayed at home for that! And no queues waiting!

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Until you have been in a queue in Disneyworld then you haven't experienced first class queueing.

Once queued for an hour in blazing August sun to ride Air at Alton Towers. A lady a few yards in front got to the ride only to be told she was too fat to get on.

Robwooly

All I remember about these rides is the queues so I wont go there anymore even if someone paid me, don't see the point in wasting an hour of your life for ten seconds of fun, that's what foreplay is for :LOL:

Mind you I do remember the log flume rides and it is almost compulsory to imagine trotting for grayling and barbel in them, oh to be a billionare and have one in your garden

Having said all that I can queue for hours when everyone else is getting irate, if it's something that cannot be avoided.