QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Chervil

Site Supporter
Just posted in fishing forum. Got a notice that said the post was awaiting moderator approval and couldn't be seen by normal members?

Dusty

Site Supporter
Just posted in fishing forum. Got a notice that said the post was awaiting moderator approval and couldn't be seen by normal members?
Was it in the tackle review section?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We have what I reckon to be the only unbiased and non-influenced tackle reviews section on or in any media, something that we have always strived for, a credible honest review section by people who have used the products they are reviewing.
As such and to keep it that way, all posts are reviewed by a moderator prior to them becoming visible to the public.
Any posts that are not deemed to be legitimate are removed before being seen. Likewise posts that are there to promote a product, are also removed.

muskrat

STAY ALERT
Site Supporter
When typing a post I get 129 characters per line. When previewing there are 132 per line. But when posted there are only 120.
This can make some posts formatting go right out of the window. Can the lengths be standardised?

[Edit] the numbers may not be correct. but they are definitely different lengths.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hmm, I wasn't aware of this, I'll look into it when I get the chance

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Probably way to many variables to resolve it on all platforms, Monitor size/ resolution/ font size and type/ device you're using to name just a few.

muskrat

STAY ALERT
Site Supporter
Probably way to many variables to resolve it on all platforms, Monitor size/ resolution/ font size and type/ device you're using to name just a few.
I'm sure that between pies Dave can sort out every device on the planet! :)

But I'm using the same browser, font etc. between typing, previewing and posting and there are still differences in line length.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do we have an end of year Board Awards ?
Not officially but around this time of year someone normally posts a thread asking for nominations for categories both serious and light hearted. ;)

At the bottom of my screen there appear the words "Maggotdrowners Forums would like your permission to enable push notifications. "
What dat mean, please?
If you enable it you will be notified should anyone quote one of your posts, like one of your posts or tags you into a post. :upthumb:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
How to delete lots of Private Messages....

Once logged in,
If you click your Private Messages and select 'Show all'

Then tick one of the boxes alongside any message, a menu should show at the bottom of the page.
Click 'Select all'
Then use the drop down arrow to select 'Leave Conversation' , then 'Go'

1578637909183.png

From the next menu that shows, select one of the two optons, then click Save...

1578637867497.png

To delete single messages do the same but don't click 'Select all'

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
I, suddenly, had a '1' appear in the Chat section at the top of the page.
I clicked on this, but there were no messages, just a glitch or have I missed something?

Feldy

Site Supporter
I, suddenly, had a '1' appear in the Chat section at the top of the page.
I clicked on this, but there were no messages, just a glitch or have I missed something?
That might be my reply to you Brian?

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
No Feldy, this was a few days ago, at my age this is 'suddenly'.
The surprise was that I have never been in the Chat room/place, so a sudden notification was surprising. :)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If the counter turns green and show a number, then it is showing that there are <number> of people logged on in the chatroom.
However if someone goes in and leaves without logging out of it then the count will still remain for (I think) 20 minutes then they will be automatically logged out of it