QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Update to the 'Whats new' page refresh frequency ..

Several people have asked if it is possible to change the frequency of the page refresh from the default 60 seconds. This is now possible if you mouse over the 60 seconds text you will see further options to select from.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Following on from a request, there is now the facility to search Private Messages that you have in your inbox ...

1 - Select the Search facility

2 - Select 'Advanced Search'

3 - Select 'Search PMs'

Also, if you are in your PM's you can just click the 'Search facility' and then use the drop-down arrow to search all messages or just the one that's open (ideal for lengthy conversations) ...

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
How do I link an 'update thread' to one of my earlier threads without making MD's hunt for the earlier thread.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Search for the earlier thread then copy the page address from your browser onto a new line in your update thread.

The previous thread will show as a preview within your post

Total

Site Supporter
@Brian the Fish .....I often use the highlighted function below to move between different threads.....

Select (copy to clipboard option) and right click and 'paste' where appropriate which will move you to the correct place....(y)

P.S.....I'm sure there are more eloquent ways to achieve the above.:giggle:

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Brian the Fish .....I often use the highlighted function below to move between different threads.....

Select (copy to clipboard option) and right click and 'paste' where appropriate which will move you to the correct place....(y)

P.S.....I'm sure there are more eloquent ways to achieve the above.:giggle:

View attachment 17394
@Total : sorry Mark you are too bright for me, I spend hours trying to move between threads!!!!!

Chervil

Site Supporter
Over the last week or so, it seems to be taking a while to actually log out on both my phone and PC. Have both of them decided to throw a wobble at the same time or is it something with the site or my account?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Are you using the Chrome browser?

There is an issue at the moment relating to Chrome - the issue is with the Chrome browser, not the forum software and is caused by Chrome removing data in the background relevant to browser history when you leave a website.
The more information the website uses, such as stored preferences, page view history, cookies, etc, the longer it takes for Chrome to close the pages when a user logs out.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Using Chrome here and I haven't got that issue.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Are you using the same version browser though?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I'm using Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit) No issues here with it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's a known issue from Google Chrome 75.0.3770.142 (Build oficial) (64 bits) onwards

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
When you click on what’s new it only shows the top half of page 1 and you have to klick the button at the bottom to show the rest of the page. Is it possible to make it show the whole of page 1 and the menu buttons to select page 2,3...etc when I click what’s new. It doesn’t half slow things down.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yes, instead of clicking the tab click the little arrow to the right of it and expand the menu....

1564982398492.png

Selecting 'New Posts' will just show posts you haven't read,
Selecting 'All posts' will show content you have and haven't read

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Another tip is to set up the Filters for new posts, using the link above the posts on the right.....

Here's how mine are set up:

1564983132916.png