QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

sagalout

I just made a post on the Floatstore Styx Shot thread and got a message saying it needed moderator approval. Why would that be? I don't care that it does, I am just interested.

Interesting I didn't get the message for this post.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Any new post on Tackle Review will be moderated before being posted. This is to protect the site from libellous posts.

sagalout

OK thanks, I just hadn't noticed that message before, even though I had posted on that thread, must be an age thing!

muskrat

STAY ALERT
Site Supporter
I was just looking at the Alders Farm fish-in thread and the posts didn't seem to follow properly. Looking closer I saw it went from post #20 to post #96 !!
then I noticed a little bit of text telling me there were more posts available and when I clicked it - Blimey! loads more posts! What is with this hidey thing?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Were you posting a reply to it at the time?

If you click on the thread's title it will take you to the first unread post of the thread. So if you haven't visited the thread for a while and then start to post a comment before having read the remaining unread posts, you will see a message to say there are unread messages

muskrat

STAY ALERT
Site Supporter
Were you posting a reply to it at the time?

If you click on the thread's title it will take you to the first unread post of the thread. So if you haven't visited the thread for a while and then start to post a comment before having read the remaining unread posts, you will see a message to say there are unread messages
Yeah I was probably doing summat like that. - Ta! (y)

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
I have tried to start a certain 'New Thread' a few times, and left it/saved it to check on something but can never find it again. :crybaby2:
I have followed the instructions given before but have not found any 'saved drafts'.
I have tried opening a new Post Thread in all sections but there's nothing there.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Apologies for the delay in replying Brian, I missed this question

While typing into the message box / editor , your text get's saved periodically. This applies to new threads, posts and conversations, but not profile posts and message editing. You can have multiple drafts at the same time.
This way, you can close the window (or when your browser crashes), come back later and just continue typing where you left off.

You can also click the button that looks like a floppy disc and using the drop-down select to save or delete the draft...
1541952421779.png

The draft will only reappear in the same forum (when creating a new post) or when viewing and replying to another post.

If you've made a post but can't remember where or if you actually posted it, click the drop-down to the right of Forums tab and you will see the following...
1541952774686.png

Selecting one or the other of those highlighted options will open up a window showing you your content

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
A simple referral scheme has been added so that you can refer Maggotdrowners Forums to your mates via Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Email, and a few other options....

Simply go into your Profile (top-right), and click the Referal link..

Then choose your option...
The referral link is automatically added to your option.

In the Members tab you will also find this link...

Clicking it will show you the members who have referred maggotdrowners forums the most - get yourself on top of the list whilst getting your mates onboard :D

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Beloved leader, I have what is probably an auto-generated message thanking me for my subscription. How do I delete it?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Click the Inbox button alongside your username (top-right)
At the bottom of the pop-up window click 'Show all'
Alongside the message that you wish to remove you will see a small square...

Click that.
Then at the bottom of your screen you will see..

Click the arrows to the side of 'Choose action' and from the menu select 'Leave conversation'

A bit long winded but easy once you've done it :)

Another way, an easier way, is to open the message at the top you should see...

Select 'Leave' and a pop-up will show as such..

Select which option you want :)

sagalout

@Dave, it may be PEBCAK (Problem Exist Between Chair And Keyboard) but things are different today! I go to the forums index page, select new posts, go to a thread, use the browser back button, instead of going back to new posts it goes back two pages to the forum index. If I go to the next page in a thread then back takes me to the previous page of the thread, then back takes me the index. Weird!!

Firefox Windows 10.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Im out at the moment but will take a look this evening

sagalout

A bit more info, the index page comes up positioned on the forum that the viewed thread is in. So it is probably to do with the recent change to make the back take you to the place on the new post page were you where.
Scrub that bit of info, don't seem to be able to repeat it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Let me know if it happens again

sagalout

Sorry, I've confused the issue, it was the position on the index page I was saying was not repeatable. Post #135 is still true.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Try it again now and let me know if it's still occurring