QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
Another improvement I like is you can type something,not publish it,leave it and go to another thread.
If you want to come back you don't lose what you have written.
On the old forum it was a b***lache when you lost your work.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The software runs a cache every 60 seconds which is great for that however 21,472 members have asked is there any chance it can be switched off for your posts :p

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
:D:D:D:D
No surprise there Dave,I know how Einstein & Hawking felt when they tried to explain things to mere mortals

Simon R

Site Supporter
Have I lost it forever?

Started a thread yesterday, didn't have time to finish it so clicked on the 'save draft' icon.

Hunted all over but can I hell find where it's been saved - they used to go in the 'My Space' folder but we don't appear to have that anymore so I'm lost

Simon

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
I have been trying to insert an image with a post but the mage always appears upside down. does it upright itself when posting or am i doing something wrong here. I have tried inverting the original before inserting but it but it still shows upside down. how do you do it?:unsure:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
That is a quirk of some phone's Mike, I don't profess to knowing why it happens but post it anyway and then use the 'Report' link underneath your post to flag it for a moderator to look at as we can rotate the images with a couple of clicks

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've had several emails over the past couple of weeks from members who's Site Support has expired and who are unsure how to renew it...

If you would like to Support or renew your support of Maggotdrowning.com please click your Name at the top right of the forums to access your Profile, and then click the 'Account upgrades' link

Within there you will see two options
  • Site Support - 12 Months £10.00 for 12 months

• Site Support - 3 Months £3.00 for 3 months
Simply select the option and click 'Purchase'

(y)

62tucker

Site Supporter
Is there a spell check? Or a predictive text ?
No hate replys please just asking as I seem to be getting thicker.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Any ideas if I can upload a video of a stoat going in a bird box from a iPhone or iPad. It’s only 15second long

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
No predictive text unless using a mobile and your phone supports it.
Spell check is configured to use the spell check built into your browser

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
How to Delete a Private Message

Open the Private message window at the top-right of the forum by clicking 'Inbox'
Then click the link that says ‘Show all’ at the bottom of the window

To the right of the message title alongside ‘Replies:/Participants’ you should see a small square box, tick that...
1526678912371.png

At the very bottom of the screen you should then see an action box where you can select all, choose an action, etc...

1526678971049.png

If you wish to delete a Private message you can select 'Leave Conversation' and you will have two options presented - to leave it completely, or to leave it but be notified if the other participant in the conversation replies at a later date

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Any ideas if I can upload a video of a stoat going in a bird box from a iPhone or iPad. It’s only 15second long

Yes you can within the Media section (top navigation)

There is a video limit of 100mb which is approximately 1 minute of mp4 video, just create an album if you haven't already and upload the video to it.
Once you've done so you will be presented with various options to add it to a post afterwards, or start a post and click the Camera icon to select your video/picture to add

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
When I try and log on through my tablet I have to retype my password each time. There is a password in the box, a row of dots, but it is obviously an old one and comes up as invalid. Each time I type the correct word I am asked if I want it saved by Google Smartlock, I click yes. But still next time I log on the password gets rejected. I don't have this problem on my PC. Anyone any ideas how I can get the password to update so I don't have to keep retyping?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you've saved passwords to Smart Lock for Passwords or to Chrome while signed in, you can also see and delete your saved passwords at https://passwords.google.com

Also within Chrome you can delete the saved password by..
1. Open the Chrome menu using the button on the far right of the browser toolbar.
2. Choose the Settings menu option.
3. Click the Show advanced settings… link located at the bottom of the page.
4. In the “Passwords and forms” section, click the Manage passwords link.

There's also been a couple of instances where a member's old password cannot be changed as the cookie in their device for some reason can not be replaced for some reason.
If that's the case go to: The Maggotdrowners Forum - Frequently Asked Questions and click the link 'Delete Forum Cookies' - this will remove the old forum cookie from your device

Last edited:

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Another question. Has the tagging feature - #membername - been removed? Tried it today with G0zzer2 and it didn't bring his name up

#dave doesn't do anything either.