QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
All users should now find that the time displaying on previous posts is correct, ie UK time

If you want to use any other time zone you can select which one in Preferences in your Profile

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you click the little button to the right of the Alert box on the top right there's a few options in there Paul

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Let me know what you are thinking of Paul and I'll see what I can do

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Here's a good one...

Take a photo and put it into your image editor ( I use PhotoImpact), crop it, etc, then copy it from the editor's menu and paste it straight into a post - no saving to your PC, then having to browse to find it before uploading it.

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
Right I have been on this new site since day one and I have to say it is the dogs doodahs. Takes a bit of getting used to but once you have it is so easy. The money we raised has been well spent and there can't be any doubt now that this IS the number one fishing forum. Well done to everyone involved. Give yourselves a big pat on the back.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Dave when ya put a photo up on an i phone how do ya turn it the right way up ? :unsure::unsure:

changrilla

On the what's new page the 'Mark Forums Read' button only appears when there's more than one page. Presumably because it's in the same row as the page numbers. Could it be in the row above so it's there all the time?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave when ya put a photo up on an i phone how do ya turn it the right way up ? :unsure::unsure:

Turn your phone round 90 degrees as you make your post ;)

Or 'Report' the post and one of the moderators will correct it :)

changrilla

Thninking about it I can see why it's like that. With it always visible you could 'mark read' posts you can't see.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
FORUM SEARCH

I didn't like the way the forum search was clogging up the top navigation bar, plus tbh it was pretty useless as far as searches went, so I've hacked it a bit and removed the search box to create a bit of room.

If you want to Search the forums, there's several ways of doing so:
  • Click the arrow to the left side of the 'Forums' tab and in there select 'Search forums'
  • Click the arrow to the left side of the 'More' tab and in there select 'Search the Forums'
  • Scroll to the foot of any of the pages and click the link 'Search'
  • Click the 'Search' icon on the top-right 1593708279554.png
I think that should just about do it, please pass it along :D

sodthat

Site Supporter
would one of you kind gents rotate my avatar the right way ?

thanks in advance

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Chat Room now Added...

On the top navigation you will see a new link: Chat

Click this and it will take you into either a page 'The Fisherman's Hut' or one with a message saying "You haven't joined any rooms. "
Click the 'Browse Rooms' link and you will see two Chat rooms to choose from

The Rules, Help and Options are available on the right of the message header, and underneath that you should also see the option to have a Private Chat, in case you want to invite someone into a private conversation

Once you are in a room it is pretty much self explanatory and you'll soon get the feel of it.
If you click the three bars on the right of the header 'Options' you can log out of a Chatroom, or launch it into a Pop-up window which is helpful if you want to browse the forums at the same time.

If you are inactive in a room for 10 minutes or so you can remain in it to observe but after another 10 minutes you will be removed from the room.
There's several other functions built in, again you'll find them as you go along.

Enjoy :) .... but behave ;)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
All the old Smilies are now available to choose from when you make a post :band:

Last edited:

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Dave, are there any plans to reinstate the swearing filter? It seems everything gets published as is at the moment. Just wondering like...

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yes, it's on my list of things to do

In the meantime if you see anything that shouldn't be there please Report it