QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Another tip for you all....

Have you ever read a thread then tried to find it again only to find it's dropped down the pages through new content?

Click the little arrow to the right side of the 'Forums' tab
Look at the bottom of the options
Click on the 'History' link

Your 'History' keeps a track on what you've looked at so you can easily find it again if you wish.

You can also Bookmark a post or complete thread by clicking the 'Bookmark' link under the first post in a thread or any other post.
Click your name on the top right and in their you'll find a link to your Bookmarks

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
I have to log-in each time, I don't log-out but have to log-in again, fed up, but like my Avatar.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have to log-in each time, I don't log-out but have to log-in again, fed up, but like my Avatar.

Delete your Cookies Brian as it looks like you've cached the old forum cookie

Effectively as the two forums are on the same website your browser might be referring back to the old cookie instead of writing a new one, deleting the old one should fix the problem

JB57

Can you tell me how to find the match results I am looking for the results for the Starbeck matches 2018 can find all the earlier years but not the current one. Thanks

@bite a chuckle

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've had a check and I'm not sure they have been posted yet so I've tagged 'bite a chuckle' into your post as he's been posting the Starbeck stuff

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
How to Tag a fellow member into a thread or post ...

If you want to bring a particular post to the attention of another member(s) simply type @ followed by the members name (no spaces between @ and name),

eg: @Dave will tag me into this post

If you can't remember their full username , don't worry as when you start to type the first few letters of their username various name options will appear - just click the one that's right

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
How to Quote a previous reply...

This is one of the functions I really like as one of my biggest bug bears with the old forum was when people quoted previous posts which had been quoted in several times as it threw the thread into a right mess even more so on mobile devices..

To Quote a previous reply -
  • To quote the full reply click the '+ Quote' button under the post
  • To quote part of the reply, highlight the part you want to quote then click the '+ Quote' button
  • To quote multiple parts just repeat the above on the parts or posts you want to quote and the software will save your selection(s)
  • If you change your mind click you'll see the '+ Quote' button has now turned to '- Quote' , click that to remove

• Then click into the reply box to start typing your reply
  • Click the "Insert quotes..' button
  • Click "Quote messages" (you can also rearrange them if you are adding multiple quotes)
  • Then type your message

Again the formatting is up to you to decide how you want it and where you want the quote(s) to appear in relation to your comments.
One of the best parts about it is it only shows a section of the quoted post(s) giving the reader the option to see more if they wish, therefore not cluttering up the thread. In addition if the reader clicks the little arrow in the quote (top left) it will take them to the original post

Delete your Cookies Brian as it looks like you've cached the old forum cookie
I've had a check and I'm not sure they have been posted yet so I've tagged 'bite a chuckle' into your post

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
BOOKMARKS:

If you click your username at the top-right of this forum then within there you will find a link to Bookmarks

Unfortunately it was not possible to carry the old bookmark over in the migration, however if you go to the old forum (The Maggotdrowners Forum ) you can still access them by logging in using your OLD password.
Then if you do a search for the title using the search box above right, find the threads again, and then click the Bookmark link under each one, it will set them into your profile here

Any problems start a conversation with me (same as Private Message) by clicking my photo at the side of this post

For all new Bookmarks, simply click the link under the post you wish to bookmark, or if a complete thread the first post in that thread

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Still having to Log-in every time, deleted all History for All Time, tried again a few times but have to log-in each time.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter

cockneybob

CockneyBob
Site Supporter
Another tip for you all....

Have you ever read a thread then tried to find it again only to find it's dropped down the pages through new content?

Click the little arrow to the right side of the 'Forums' tab
Look at the bottom of the options
Click on the 'History' link

Your 'History' keeps a track on what you've looked at so you can easily find it again if you wish.

You can also Bookmark a post or complete thread by clicking the 'Bookmark' link under the first post in a thread or any other post.
Click your name on the top right and in their you'll find a link to your Bookmarks

Hi Dave
Thanks for letting me know how to find them bit worried there.
How can I trasfer my bookmarks from the old site to the new as I dont want to loose them, Very inportant to me to look back on them as a reference.
Bob

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Here you go Bob..

BOOKMARKS:

If you click your username at the top-right of this forum then within there you will find a link to Bookmarks

Unfortunately it was not possible to carry the old bookmark over in the migration, however if you go to the old forum (The Maggotdrowners Forum ) you can still access them by logging in using your OLD password.
Then if you do a search for the title using the search box above right, find the threads again, and then click the Bookmark link under each one, it will set them into your profile here

Any problems start a conversation with me (same as Private Message) by clicking my photo at the side of this post

For all new Bookmarks, simply click the link under the post you wish to bookmark, or if a complete thread the first post in that thread

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
By popular demand..... I've changed the wording 'Start Conversation' to 'Send Private Message' as it was confusing to many after so many years of private messaging

There are various ways to send a private message, the easiest is to click on the member's avatar in any post, or you can also click on your name at the top right of the forums and click 'Send Private Message' there.
Enter the user's name until you see it in the list then click on it and away you go (y)

If I've done the right thing, gizzus a Like :D

sagalout

Go on then, I give in, what is a profile post, how do you make one, and why use it instead of a normal post?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
A profile post is just a way of making a personal statement say for instance if you wanted to tell the world what type of fishing you enjoy, or how you currently feel, that sort of thing.
It's not a post as such.
To make one just go into your profile and 'Update your status'

Last edited: