QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Rather than have lots of short threads about "how to..." on the new forum please post them here then that way members that have found the answer can reply (ideally quoting the question) and I/we can also help out

Peter (when he gets back from hiding on the bank somewhere lol) is going to put up a FAQ in the bottom right of the page where it says 'HELP' to answer the more commonly asked questions, so this thread will be a great help

Also, in the 'HELP' link there are a few answers that came with the software

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Do we still have a chat room facility ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've identified one issue that has had an impact on the database server which is now being looked into. The site went down for a short time but should be okay now 👍

Total

Site Supporter
Capture.JPG
Dave,
When Pressing 'inbox' (top right on my screen),' Start a new conversation' (I'm presuming, this is the new way of the old PM's?) I'm getting a message screen like this!:eek:
What's occurring please? Thank you. (y)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Mark, that looks like a Permissions issue - the permissions set up is really complicated back here - I've just made a change, please can you try again now

Total

Site Supporter
Thank you Dave, Now sorted. :).......Prolly needed a kick in the pies!:unsure::oops::ROFLMAO:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Basically the permissions structure is completely the opposite of what I've been used to for the past 17 years, so it's a steep learning curve at this end as well .... no pressure lol

Total

Site Supporter
A learning curve you've done brilliantly with:)......Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.;)

Simon R

Site Supporter
I can't find all my old PM messages - I sent my details to Nick Gilbert (on the old forum) re the Grand National sweep and my outbox seems to have disappeared, so I dunno if he's either received it or has read it yet.

Simon

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Is it me or do quite a few threads appear to have, well, disappeared?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I can't find all my old PM messages - I sent my details to Nick Gilbert (on the old forum) re the Grand National sweep and my outbox seems to have disappeared, so I dunno if he's either received it or has read it yet.

Simon
If you up to the top of the page on the right hand side and click 'Inbox'
Then go to the bottom left of the window that opens and click 'Show All'
You should find previous PMs in there

If not let me know

You can also still access PMs on the old forum: www.maggotdrowning.com//forum

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Is it me or do quite a few threads appear to have, well, disappeared?
The only ones not showing will be from 4:00pm on Wednesday up to 11:30pm on Friday as this was the period when the final migration of the database was done to allow us time to configure everything

Simon R

Site Supporter
If you up to the top of the page on the right hand side and click 'Inbox'
Then go to the bottom left of the window that opens and click 'Show All'
You should find previous PMs in there

If not let me know

You can also still access PMs on the old forum: www.maggotdrowning.com//forum
Don't know if that quote function has worked correctly - I had boxes all over my screen :p

Clicking on 'Show All' shows the entire contents of my Inbox but no outgoing messages

Simon

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ah, I'm with you now

The old private messages used to be split over two tables (sender and recipient) which meant that it looks like only one table could be transferred over to each member so the database engineer has opted to include the received messages.
When a sent message was read it transferred into the recipients inbox in the database so there would have been no connection to the sender in order to retain it as a sent message

The old messages can still be access on the old forum for the time being so I'd suggest copying the ones you want to keep into a Word document

Last edited: