Question for Trev (Riddings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Trev any idea which pool your on yet on the 21st as they all fish differently so don't want to give you the wrong info.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
MALC,
Thanks for your concern and now who's the Mind Reader!

I spoke to 'Norman ' the treasurer earlier today, put the question, but hes rather vague!
"We see when we get there" his reply!

However, there are 15 to 20 of us, so Specimens out with 8 pegs!
Folly is too far for some of these wheelchair bound guys as far as I can see, so can we guesstimate at the main Match Pool and I can ask no more! Sorry!

Furthermore, Its now May 7th! and the Venue for May 21st is Whittingtons! Do you knopw this one LOL,

I'll come round for 1 tea on the 20th tell the wife!, 'cos I must owe you 3 pints after this LOL

Thanks MALC

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Edited by - Ziptrev on 23 April 2002 9:05:09 PM

MALC

Affraid can't help with any info on Whittingtons as i've never heard of it.

I'll give you some brief details of the Ridding Pool and Folly Pool just in case.

Ridding Pool
It's got either 33 or 35 pegs for matches dependent on the corner pegs being used or not.
Depth's range from the entrance end by the island at about 4ft to the far end at it's deepest 11ft.

The 2 main approaches Pole (on the bottom or shallow) and Feeder.
Best groundbait last season were fishmeal based.
If on 1 of the 6 or so pegs opposite the island get the feeder within 2ft of the island for best results.

Believe it or not the top bait last summer was either riddled or cubed meat (dusted with either Crazy Bait Gold or SillyBait) and in some of the opens people were getting through upwards of 10 tins when fishing the pole and getting the carp shallow.

The stock is mainly Carp with all size's present upto specimen sizes but average about 4 or 5lb, also Tench to 5lb,Bream to 5lb,Chub to 3lb,Crucians 11/2lb,Orfe,Roach,Rudd,Perch.

Dont neglect the inside line by the bank keep a steady trickly of feed going in and keep putting a rig down there after the first hour as a lot of fish can be caught down the inside.

Winning weights this time of year are anywhere between 30lb and 100lb+

Top hook baits were Meat/Corn/Pellet and Caster in that order.

Folly Pool
This pool has 31 pegs and is my favourite of their pools as the fish are a lot smaller with only the odd lump and it contains a huge stock of small Barbel (yes i know your view) and you can use a keepnet in pleasure sessions.

This pool has a central sunken island which is reed covered and can be reached from pegs 1 to 9 and 23 to 31 the bigger carp averageing 5lb+ normaly come to the feeder or straight lead fished tight to the reed island.

Depths vary from about 4ft at the entrance to 11ft at the far end.

Stock wise you've got all species of Carp about 7 or 8 types as well as Tench/Roach/Rudd/Perch/Chub and Barbel.

Other than the carp which normally stay by the reed island most species are below lb. But dont fish to light as the odd bigger carp or chub can show at any time anywhere.

Best baits last year were once again (yes you guessed it) Meat again either riddled or small cubes and Sweetcorn.

The inside line on pegs 1 to 12 produce a lot of Barbel averageing 12oz to the meat fished over small amount of lose fed corn.

Winning weights this time of year are between 10 and 40lb which is bizzy fishing as a lot of the fish are 3 or 4 to the lb.

I'm going up there on Friday 3rd of may to practise on The Folly for a match so will spend a bit of time walking around and gleen any last min info for you.

They dont have many rules but the main one is.
NO LOOSE FEED PELLETS (you can use them on the hook).

Also they do a cracking breakfast and it's cheap.

Hope the above helps a bit.

Malc

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
MALC

Thanks a lot mate,
Brilliant, Printed and ready for study!

If I dont get better than 19th (20 fishing) it aint down to you lol
Appreciated mate!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
MALC,
Spent the evening Riddling and Cubing AND flavouring 5 tins meat lol (hope I dont hafta freeze it all again!)
Got the Corn, getting Casters tomorrow, ready for tuesday.
Just one other thing, Pole and feeder attack sorted, but is this another venue for the Bagging Waggler?

Tomorrow setting up and checking Pole Rigs, guessing on 14 and 16 hooks for main pool and 18s/16s for folly, or is that too light?

Hope I justify your efforts! 1st match in 20+ years lol

CYA

Trev

PS, My Club list shows Riddings with a hemp ban, but says nothing about pellets!, so I'll play that by ear when I get there.
Trev

Ziptrev

MALC

Morning Trev,

About right with the hooks.
Bagging Waggler not an option at Riddings.

Spoke to one of the blokes in work last night and he fished Riddings Pool on saturday his last min advice is as follows:

Go easy with the feed at first, due to the rubbish weather we been getting the last 4/5 days the fish are now slow to respond and the bite's are very gentle on the Pellet but a bit keener on the meat.

Not many fish caught shallow most were either on the bottom or deeper than half depth.

Maggot and Caster was picking up more fish but mainly small bits.
Meat getting less fish but bigger.
Only odd fish on the Pellet,Corn and Bread.

Hope that helps.

Have a good day Trev.

Malc

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Well MALC,
Days arrived, Dont wanna let you down, so if I blank I'm going missing!

Thanks for all your efforts!

Catch you,

Trev

Ziptrev

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Go Get Them TREV!!!!!!!

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.