Sold Quality Rod & Reel job lot? No rubbish, all new / nearly new + I'm a mug ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
This is gear that I don't want, as detailed below - most of it is either new or nearly new, and every single thing has been looked after / in perfect working order, I always treat me gear delicately.
I'm not really into the idea of shifting this in bits individually, I'd much prefer if somebody bought the lot, if you insist on wanting a particularly thing then prices are going to reflect that and you probably would have already been and got one off eBay.

With that being said, what are we looking at?

x2 Daiwa Black Widow Twin Tip 12ft 1.75lb -
Brand New (never used), been out of the sleeves once to inspect on arrival from the tackle shop.
RRP £70 each, I think I paid £55 each from Fishing Tackle & Bait.
On it's own? £35 each?

x2 Shimano ST Baitrunner RB 6000 -
One is Brand New (never used) and boxed, one is 2 years old and used.
RRP £55 each, I paid £55 each both times from Angling Direct.
On it's own? £35 each?

x1 Daiwa Black Widow Quiver Holdall -
Brand New (never used).
RRP £35, I paid £35 from Fishing Tackle & Bait.
On it's own? £20?

x1 Korum River Tripod (included buzz bars) -
x2 Korum Butt Cup -

Brand New (never used).
RRP £65, I paid £58 Matchman Supplies.
On it's own? £40?

x1 Shimano Beastmaster Commercial CX 9-11ft Float -
Used twice, personally I'm not happy about the build quality of this rod - they've been sloppy with the eye alignment for me.
RRP £130, I paid £70 from Bobco.
On it's own? £40?

x1 Daiwa Prorex AGS 712MFB -
Length: 2.16m
Sections: 2
Weight: 115g?
Casting Weight: 10-30g
Style: Baitcasting
Canal piking beauty, 10-30g for this job is bags of fun, and these Prorex rods are my personal favourite product line of any rods, I also have the 9ft spinning XR + the XR reel which are not for sale, the build quality on this rods is phenomenal.
Used lightly and delicately, condition is A+.
RRP £200, I paid £70 (freaky) from Bobco.
On it's own? Tricky one, a reluctant £50?

x1 Shimano SLX DC 151
This is the one with the Digital Control breaking system, where is uses an inertia powered chip to scan the line x1000/sec to apply the brakes, 4 settings, but everybody knows you buy these for the cool noise the DC makes when casting.
RRP £160-180? I paid £154 from Uttings.
On it's own? £100-120?

x1 2020 Shimano Zodias 264UL-2 Solid -
Length: 1.93m
Weight: 90g
Casting Weight: 1.5-5g
Style: Spinning
I'm not going to write a marketing piece on this rod, I'll just say it is my favourite and ultralight spinning for Perch and Trout doesn't really get much better.
RRP £165, I paid £165 from Todber Manor.
On it's own? £100-120?

x1 Majorcraft Speedstyle SSC-S642L/BF -
Length: 1.93m
Weight: 103g
Casting Weight: 1.8g-7g
Style: Baitcasting
This is a BFS rod, intending for casting ultralight lures on a bastcasting rod (Japanese style), the Speedstyle is probably the most popular BFS rod in the UK, and Majorcraft's mid-high tier offering.
RRP £230, I paid £170 from Todber Manor.
On it's own? £100-120?

In the image, you'll notice a Shimano Yasei AX Perch rod, that's married to a Fox Rage Prism C1000 reel (not in the picture) - my first proper spinning setup, I think I've decided against including these... unless you're particularly interested in taking them?

The total RRP here is around £1250, the cost to me was around £950.
You'll agree (I hope) that my "On it's own?" estimates are on the fair side of reasonable, maybe cheap in some cases? -
I'd probably expect to recoup around £650'ish at my fair standards?

Yours for -
£400 collected (South Manchester) - For anybody in the world.
£450 delivered (Hermes, UPS, DPDLHPDP? jobby) - For forum regulars only.

Brad

rrjl.jpg

Last edited:

Knfruitbat

Site Supporter
I am interested in taking this lot off your hands. I have never traded anything on here before so don't know how it is normally done.

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
I am interested in taking this lot off your hands. I have never traded anything on here before so don't know how it is normally done.
Hi,

We've got a few options -
1. Collect from Manchester (£400)
2. Send me £450 via direct bank transfer and I'll package up and arrange delivery with 1 of the big 3
3. We can move over to eBay for +10% (£495)
4. Stick around on MD for a few years, post 1000 times / make pals and meetup on fishing session etc etc, at which point I'll send it all to you pre-payment :p

Status
Not open for further replies.