Q.O.S.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Who , in the current generation of sports stars, has any personality? Older stars were from a generation that were allowed to think and speak freely, not have every interview proof read before they open their mouths. Catch them unaware and every other word is "er".

tonerain

Site Supporter
Team captains?
Martina Navratilova and Tom Daley.
Compere? Grayson Perry.

squimp

Site Supporter
Roger Black could be recalled ?

i actually think Sue Barker is terrible and rarely watch it these days, despite being a sports fanatic.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
It’s not mainstream anymore. I bet it’s only old folk that still watch. Younger presenters will put them off.
The future is bright
The future isn’t orange

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Cant say I have watched in years, they only covered ball games mostly plus olympics so zero interest from me in that area bit of a joke really like the sports personality thing.....yes you can win if auntie beeb covers you otherwise get lost :LOL:
You must have been watching different programmes to me. The guests were from many different sports, including swimming, darts, and equestrian *(no ball games there), snooker etc, and there were always questions on their particular sports. The main object was not really to see which team knew the most, but to present an entertaining programme, which the two captains did very successfully.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
As I said its years since I watched it but my memory was that it focussed on sports/games I had no interest in which is why I did not bother watching it any more but I tend to watch no soaps,game shows reality TV because the subject matter does not interest me either so not an avid watcher of the tellybox.
If I want to watch something I will always record it so I can skip the adverts or on BBC the "messages" about future programmes.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
I quite like her, she’s got a decent personality, knowledge and comes across quite well.

Not a fan of having to shoe horn a woman into every single football show but I’ll happily watch a show with Alex Scot

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Can't work out with The Great British Bake Off if it's aimed at younger or older generations, to me it's the latter, but they have a mix of participants, always seems to be on the telly and another reason I don't watch anymore. Reason I mention Baddiel and Skinner is that's when I used to watch telly as a kid in the 90s, can't see there's much on TV for younger generations now but maybe just me getting older and if you had those on TV again they would fall into the same PC trap.