PVA solid vs mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow12345

So boys and girls.... Im going to take the plunge with pva bags.

Couple of questions, do I want bags or mesh? and how do I attach either to my line (or do i just chuck them like groundbait balls?)

(also i notice with mesh i seem to need plungers and stuff, can someone tell me what I need to do the mesh with?)

shadow12345

also what size do I need ? I don't plan to feed to heavy but just something in the middle

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
best move you can make using PVA mate.....

1. anti tangle
2. leaves nice small freebies about the hook

all i use it MESH, for bags i use 32mm and NO plunger,i put the freebies in the bag, and pat it in my hand to spread them about and make nice tight bags of any size..

boilies, use the smaller mm stuff, boilie funnel web (check the korda stuff for ideas)

i would also advise getting a korda crusha mate, this will help making nice sticks a few inches long from crushed boilie or pellet..

attaching the hook to the mesh is easy, just hook it through the mesh, twist and hook back through..

with the sticks, thread the stick onto your hook link...

shadow12345

so a couple of sizes then... do I need the string? or just tie the bags by splitting the top and knotting it?

Im ordering some 32 mm now, and ill check out the korda stuff for the rest :)

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
your best looking for offers mate, buy 1 get 1 free etc etc, because you will go through like theres no tomorrow...

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
possibly the best deal you will find, unless you know people on the carp forum and get it in bulk like i have..

but ive also bought this as well

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PVA-REFIL-40mtrs-MESH-micromesh-BUY-1-GET-1-FREE-/350371552534?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item5193c59d16

shadow12345

damn it... i wish I had seen that first. 7m kit (case for it) wide for 5.99.

Ill try it when I run this lot down I like the idea of the that offer.

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
Originally posted by shadow12345

damn it... i wish I had seen that first. 7m kit (case for it) wide for 5.99.

Ill try it when I run this lot down I like the idea of the that offer.

use that for a practice mate, rather than buying loads and good stuff to mess it up and waste it...

loads your freebies then tie a overhand knot and pull it tight, DONT tie the bags loose, because your after the explosion effect when it melts,tighter the better..

shadow12345

The only trouble with the shopping I have been doing is I want to go fishing every time something new arrives!

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp

The only trouble with the shopping I have been doing is I want to go fishing every time something new arrives!

worst thing you can do mate...you will end up wasting you money..

stick to what you know or ask for advice if you want, this is what the forums for mate....

please please dont go buying every boilie under the sun, find 2 and stick with them (2 quality boilies)

keep everything simple..

ps. i have a rod back for sale if your interested [:T]

shadow12345

i think i have spent my fishing budget for this month... just wait till she see's what I have spent :)

im using the nash boilies for now, I still have some strawberry (somethings) and some
demon bait monster corn to use up then its nash all the way for me.

(plus i also tried my hand at making some boilies, but ill have a chuck with them when i go to the local ponds on the weekend)

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp

i think i have spent my fishing budget for this month... just wait till she see's what I have spent :)

im using the nash boilies for now, I still have some strawberry (somethings) and some
demon bait monster corn to use up then its nash all the way for me.

(plus i also tried my hand at making some boilies, but ill have a chuck with them when i go to the local ponds on the weekend)

nash hey [:T] funny that, im testing a new nash boilie in france end of the month for them, boilie came out last week i think.....

shadow12345

he he he... make sure you give us a report (if you are allowed, not sure how there rules are set out about that sort of thing)

Gruntfuttock

do I need the string? or just tie the bags by splitting the top and knotting it?

Being a lazy blighter I just wet my fingers with a bit of spit and squeeze the top. That holds it.

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
Originally posted by Gruntfuttock

do I need the string? or just tie the bags by splitting the top and knotting it?

Being a lazy blighter I just wet my fingers with a bit of spit and squeeze the top. That holds it.

BAGS it well, but we are talking MESH, you need to tie it up.

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp

he he he... make sure you give us a report (if you are allowed, not sure how there rules are set out about that sort of thing)

i have to give reports.. [:T]

12f2004

Originally posted by common_carp

possibly the best deal you will find, unless you know people on the carp forum and get it in bulk like i have..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PVA-REFIL-40mtrs-MESH-micromesh-BUY-1-GET-1-FREE-/350371552534?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item5193c59d16

Common Carp
What's the difference with the stick mesh to the normal. Forgive my ignorance, off to France in 3 weeks got the standard mesh, about 20mm I think from memory and worked ok last year! What are the advantages of the different types?

thanks Paul

12f2004

Originally posted by 12f2004

Common Carp
What's the difference with the stick mesh to the normal. Forgive my ignorance, off to France in 3 weeks got the standard mesh, about 20mm I think from memory and worked ok last year! What are the advantages of the different types?

thanks Paul

Also mate, would you always but the free boilies in bags or on stringers and if so why?

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
Hey Paul..

look here..

boilies etc = http://www.korda.co.uk/products/view.php?id=78

bags wider stuff about 32mm = http://www.korda.co.uk/products/view.php?id=79

this is also used for small sticks, distance 20mm etc = http://www.korda.co.uk/products/view.php?id=80

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp

Common Carp

thanks Paul

Also mate, would you always but the free boilies in bags or on stringers and if so why?

IMO jsut gives it different presentation near your hook bait.

if your fishing a spread of boilies then a stringer wont look out of place amoungst them like a PVA BAG of about 6/7 boilie would in a heap (if you get me)

i dont use stringers, have done probably once, i do it this way = http://www.korda.co.uk/products/view.php?id=78

Status
Not open for further replies.