PVA mesh bags

cwebb4

You can get PVA string and also tape. All of which do slightly different things in water. You can plait/unplait the string to alter the breakdown rate.

As Arry says mesh is available in different mesh sizes as well as tube diameters and different breakdown rates.

But at the end of the day PVA is PVA…..

Personally the residue bit is a non issue for me (and probably most other regular users) despite what the advertising says !

BTW the best PVA I’ve used is called ‘carp craze’ available via a well known auction site. It’s cheap and good.

Nothing wrong with the ESP or Korda equivalent except that it’s good and expensive.
You can say nothing is wrong with the ESP and that it works for you etc etc. But the knots on the ESP quick breakdown do not desolve even after an hour and the companies that make this stuff evidently think that residue is a problem because they always boast that their PVA doesnt leave any residue!! I myself have caught a lot of fish using the ESP stuff but that doesn't for a second mean that it is optimal or doing what it is suppose to do because objectively it isn't.

squimp

Site Supporter
You can say nothing is wrong with the ESP and that it works for you etc etc. But the knots on the ESP quick breakdown do not desolve even after an hour and the companies that make this stuff evidently think that residue is a problem because they always boast that their PVA doesnt leave any residue!! I myself have caught a lot of fish using the ESP stuff but that doesn't for a second mean that it is optimal or doing what it is suppose to do because objectively it isn't.
The fact is thousands of people buy ESP PVA products every week and use them without major issues. I’ve used lots of it and it has caught me plenty of fish. If it dissolved faster it would actually negatively affect my presentation…..

You could try sending yours back with a video to show that the product isn’t fit for purpose…..their response might be quite interesting…….

They might even send you a free packet - which you can then send to me ‘cause I’ll use it without a second thought.

cwebb4

The fact is thousands of people buy ESP PVA products every week and use them without major issues. I’ve used lots of it and it has caught me plenty of fish. If it dissolved faster it would actually negatively affect my presentation…..

You could try sending yours back with a video to show that the product isn’t fit for purpose…..their response might be quite interesting…….

They might even send you a free packet - which you can then send to me ‘cause I’ll use it without a second thought.
I don't want it to dissolve faster. I just wanted to know if anyone has found a PVA mesh that does what the manufacturers claim it does.

squimp

Site Supporter
PVA does what PVA does when put in water. If a manufacturer says it does something different; then take it with a pinch of salt.

PS salt affects breakdown times too.

Sportsman

Site Supporter
I use a lot of PVA and never had a problem with products from here.
If you want quality at a good price I recommend them.
I have a problem with supply now.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Are you using oily pellets with your tea bag method? because if you make them up beforehand and leave them in a tub, the oil in the pellets will alter the breakdown times... you say that its not affecting your catch rate, so other than a bit of residue, what's the issue..? another question to ask is are you double knotting your bags as again this will alter your breakdown times... lots of factors will affect it...
In the real world the mini bag that was in my pics break down after about 2 minutes, I don't hook the knot, and more often than not thread the hooklink through the bag... I NEVER get residue with small bags like this.... are you covering the knot with the elastic ? That will affect breakdown times... If the pva has sat for a long time it can affect breakdown times...
Manufacturers base their times on straight outta the packet tank testing... so take their claims with a pinch of salt