Push Dam

surgerstan

Hi. I am a new member of the Slaithwaite & District Angling Club and I plan to go to Push Dam soon. Can anyone give any tips on what tactics/baits work well there? (It looks a bit of a trek to walk through the woods so I don’t want to carry too much tackle!).
Many thanks

L33

Good Afternoon

Did you make it to push dam?

I am also a member of Slaithwaite and fish up there fairly regularly.

In the summer I find expander pellet adds sweetcorn good. Fished it today and caught plenty of fish all on double red maggot but they have all been small roach and gudgeon.

I like push dam and it's close for me but something need to be done about the amount of gudgeon that are in there.

PearTree

Calder Exile
Site Supporter
I saw some pictures of some chub caught there recently on the SADAC fb page.

The gudgeon must have been stocked (maybe unintentionally ??) as there were never any in there when I used to fish it regularly many years ago. A lot of work has been done on the dam since then including draining it and installing a liner, and putting the floating island in (is it still there ?).

surgerstan

Good Afternoon

Did you make it to push dam?

I am also a member of Slaithwaite and fish up there fairly regularly.

In the summer I find expander pellet adds sweetcorn good. Fished it today and caught plenty of fish all on double red maggot but they have all been small roach and gudgeon.

I like push dam and it's close for me but something need to be done about the amount of gudgeon that are in there.
Hi. Yes I have been to Push Dam a few times over the last 2 seasons. Never caught lots but usually manage a nice carp or two. I will go again this year cos I would like to catch some of the chub I believe are in there. And yes I agree - there are far too many gudgeon!