Puppies

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
We have contacted the association about this guy, but it seems that there are a few that would like him.
If offered, I would take him like a shot
Wont load sportsman

nejohn

Site Supporter
I work with an organisation that rescues and re-homes English Pointers, we have 2 that we got when they were only about 6 months old and they are brilliant dogs, you obviously have to make a donation to adopt these dogs which can vary depending on where the dog is comming from it is usually between £250-£500. Most breeds will have a rescue attached to them especially working breeds. The reason why a lot of breeders are asking so much for puppies is that lots of puppies are abandoned once new owners realise the size of commitment they have made, so reputable breeders are having far fewer litters and charging more for the puppies, after all if you spend £1500 + on a puppy you are far less likely to abandon it than if you spend £500 on it.
If you are looking for a designer dog you could always get a shitzou /jack russell cross ......that would be Jack sh........

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Wont load sportsman
Oh dear, here he is
This is Spike. He is 12 years young, but his owner has had to go into hospital and won't be coming back.
I just hate the idea of him spending the rest of his life, however long that might be, in a kennel. It seems that I am not alone as there is quite a lot of interest.
Because he is a "pensioner" if you adopt him you get a €600 euro voucher for vet bills to come and no adoption fee.

sp1.png

Attachments

robert d

Site Supporter
I work with an organisation that rescues and re-homes English Pointers, we have 2 that we got when they were only about 6 months old and they are brilliant dogs, you obviously have to make a donation to adopt these dogs which can vary depending on where the dog is comming from it is usually between £250-£500. Most breeds will have a rescue attached to them especially working breeds. The reason why a lot of breeders are asking so much for puppies is that lots of puppies are abandoned once new owners realise the size of commitment they have made, so reputable breeders are having far fewer litters and charging more for the puppies, after all if you spend £1500 + on a puppy you are far less likely to abandon it than if you spend £500 on it.
If you are looking for a designer dog you could always get a shitzou /jack russell cross ......that would be Jack sh........
Oh dear, here he is
This is Spike. He is 12 years young, but his owner has had to go into hospital and won't be coming back.
I just hate the idea of him spending the rest of his life, however long that might be, in a kennel. It seems that I am not alone as there is quite a lot of interest.
Because he is a "pensioner" if you adopt him you get a €600 euro voucher for vet bills to come and no adoption fee.

View attachment 36620
He looks lovely and thank you , really want a younger dog as my grand daughter lives with us ...

robert d

Site Supporter
Where can i look at them , got to persuade gert , she wants fluffy teddy bears lol. Id rather a rescue dog

robert d

Site Supporter
TBH, he is for me rather than you, and it would be a long way for you to come and get him :giggle:
He looks a lovely dog , id like 2 dogs ,small to medium or 1 if i can get a dog walker for lunch times when im back at work .

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Go get him ,you know you want to 😁
I would take him in a heartbeat, and have contacted them about him, but apparently they have quite a bit of interest and because I live an hours drive away they will probably go for someone closer, which makes it easier for home checks etc.
Just so long as he lives his days out in comfort. We will be getting another one soon though, just waiting for the right one to turn up. :giggle:

nejohn

Site Supporter
Where can i look at them , got to persuade gert , she wants fluffy teddy bears lol. Id rather a rescue dog
Pointers make great pets they are really friendly and are great with children, we have 2 and a young daughter, they love her to bits. They do have a lot of energy but are very loving and just really a big lap dog. I have put a link to the Web site, I also do know they have a litter of puppies coming up for adoption in the very near future, speak to Andrew or Claire they are very helpful also put a pic of our 2
DSC_0015.JPG

Sportsman

Site Supporter
These two are rescues from Spain

The first is Millie, a street dog that adopted us. She recently died at the grand old age of 16, we think. We don't know how old she was when we got her, but we had her for just on 15 years.

The second is Poppy and is the dog we have now.
She was dumped on the side of a motorway when she was heavily pregnant. She had 5 puppies, all of which were homed easily, but no one wanted Poppy. Then, one of our dogs died suddenly and we couldn't resist her.

Millie.jpg Poppy.jpg

rudd

Site Supporter
Unfortunately the Romanian dog pet trade is rife at present.
Purpose bread rescue dogs being churned out and sent across Europe.
Even worse some of these dogs are also acting as drug mules for organised crime gangs. 😠

chris1967

Site Supporter
Even worse some of these dogs are also acting as drug mules for organised crime gangs. 😠
That'll explain why they so expensive ,mind you 5 grand and it comes with a kilo and that bad :cool:

robert d

Site Supporter
Disgusting , to me all animals are pets even if they are used as gun dogs ,as ive said many times they are part of the family and should be treated as such or dont have one

TrickyD

Site Supporter
We got one of ours from the doodle trust, pay a fee and that's it. They did have a few dog's but not at the moment due to covid. One thing I was told, not sure how true it is, but if you try and insure a doodle type dog, list it as a mongrel (which it basically is) and the insurance should be cheaper. Cockapoos are supposed to be a bit nippy (not fast), and not all doodle are hypoallergenic.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do we as a country no longer have quarantine laws in place for dogs coming into the country?

I understand the issue has got worse since April when it became illegal in this country to sell dogs unless you were a registered breeder or the bitch was a family owned dog. This was to outlaw puppy farms but the law does not extend to farms outside of the country