Punctures in trolly's

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Hargreave

Ex Dodgyref
How do you get around this annoying problem? I'm sure someone out there has a simple solution. Answers asap please before I go to Holland on Thursday.

mma

New inner tubes are only a couple of quids for the Penrose type barrows.

winn

Go to your local wilkinsons store if you have one, and get some 'doctor sludge' it protects inner tubes from punctures from the cycle section.

sabre6505

the best thing is go to halfords and buy a can of tyre fix its like a foam witch inflaties your tyre and goes hard also sealing the punture.

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
dave you dont need a trolley for holland mate its easy fishing no long walks or is it for when your micked in the shamrock is your mate going to take you home on it [;)][:D][:D][:D] not long now kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![;)][:D][:D][:D][:D]

KenM

You can just buy a new tube for it....Halfords do a wonderful range of sizes(you'll be surpirsed), and I got some for the little ones pushchair the other day that were pretty close to being the right size for my trolly....I must admit I didn't think that I'd find any that would fit, but sure enough they were stocked on the shelf.

Towpath Tyke

Dave mate that foam breaks down within a couple of weeks, I don`t recommend it at all for fishing! Great for punctures on bikes though, will get you home from three mile away. I carry two on my bike. [:)] Think I`ll try Halfords, I`ve got a puncture too! Have to blow tyre up on way to and from canal!!! [:(!]

Minipeace

I brought going back a number of years a rubber/soft plastic inner tube protector. Its a flat flexible material that goes around the inside of the rubber tyre between the inner tyre wall and inner tube. Once fitted I have never had another puncture. Wonderful little bit of kit[;)]

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/rangeViewer.asp?categoryID=126

http://www.cycleshopping.co.uk/acatalog/Tyres_Tubes_Tubeless.html

This is almost the same thing I have fitted on my trolley tyres.
http://www.cycleshopping.co.uk/acatalog/Slime_Tube_Protector.html

Hope this helps

David Hargreave

Ex Dodgyref
Jon, thats the same problem I have. Its ok when I get there but after the session its flat. I,ve bought some stuff now for a quick fix and then when I get back i'll source a new tube.

Stu, I struggle to walk 100 yards with my stuff, I think I take too much. The box I have has brackets for the trolly handle built on to the box, if you carry it, it is bl''dy murder.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Ive used the tyre weld stuff in my trolley and barrow. Not had a problem with it yet!

If you go to Wilkinsons, they do it for half the price of Halfords!!

bigdavewsf

the hard bit is getting the bloody tyre off the wheel

every spoon looks like uri gella's had a party in our house after doing a puncture on mine the other week

Hatman

Drawbag ace
Punctured trolleys, fnar fnar!! Is this only a double meaning in Yorkshire, or are the rest of you too sensible & mature? [:D]

urrrrssss

try your local kwikfit or any reasonable tyre shop, for a few quid 6 - 8 they should fit new tubes for you. I had the same problem but now no more flat tyres.
urrrrssss

mma

In West Yorkshire, I have bought them from a Company called Mototrend
in Gildersome Leeds. Tel 01924 479013. Just quote them the tyre size.

Status
Not open for further replies.