Punch up on the Trent & Mersey

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Don't tell me its still the blue and white one - he always was a bit of an eccentric, but that said, all the nicest people are.

Flathead

Site Supporter
Lives in his converted camper on the water. Guess he thinks like me about the old days on the place. 120,000+ fish stocked in those days, and you would catch many overwintered fish. Now its 50,000 (last time I asked) and the fish all get caught on stocking days, so bloody sad I really miss the wonderful almost wild trout fishing at Rutland.
I remember catching two browns over 5lbs in two casts from the dam wall....and lost another on the third cast.

Happy days....I mainly fish Grafham now(y)

Flathead

Site Supporter
Don't tell me its still the blue and white one - he always was a bit of an eccentric, but that said, all the nicest people are.
He used to lived fairly close to me in Radcliffe on Trent but spent his free time in his camper van on the banks.....I left there in 1982.

I think he moved to Oakham but haven’t seen him for many years....but he is still around.

IanG1

Site Supporter
Had another session today, ended up on same peg as it was sheltered from the wind. Kept it simple with one line down the track for punch and the other at 11m with worm see if I could bag a stripey. Fished my usual punch attack. It was a bit harder today and had to work at it but ended up with 77 fish but stamp was quite small compared to last time. Nothing on the worm line but only went over every now and again. Another enjoyable day for 50p of bait IMG_20201121_153119.jpg