Pulling out of fish.

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
All the fish we managed to land were F1's. I've since ordered some different elastic due to earlier comments, the lake was a snake lake type so a slope away from me, I thought when the bottom sloped away you flicked it out in front of you and waited for it to settle? Complicated old game this fishing

Definitely the elastic then, I reckon you had a fish on and they only managed to get 2 meters of elastic out and the hooked was pulling, F1 are very delicate feeders and most are only lightly hooked in the lips, hence why you need light elastic.
The only time you need to lay line out like that is if you were fishing for roach or a very sharp deep slope to fish the side of the slope , but then you pull your pole towards you at the same time, no need to do that at all on a snake, if carp or f1 fishing it is better to lower it straight down, chances were you were getting a lot of missed bites which were liners due to the way you were feeding while laying the rig in.

sporty

Site Supporter
10 elastic is not to powerful and b911 have been around for a very long time now ,look at foulhooking ,and overfeeding ,to many fish in the peg kind of thing ,big lumps flying around in your peg will leave you tearing your hair out

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
i confess i have not read all the thread so apologies if going over something already mentioned

1) #10 elastic & b911 is classic, no problem there
2) Did you say it was a solid ? Hollow would be softer in that grade, new slik is ideal (or NG Ultra)
3) How tight was your elastic set, if tight it could be acting like a 20 and fish react to pressure.....
4) your were using banded pellet ? I suffer loads of foul hookers with band 6mm at dead to near dead depth
Stick a bit of paste on, or maybe corn and hey presto proper bites.
5) possibly too many fish in the peg, cut back on loose feed, kinder (small pole pot) for each fish hooked in a targeted area.
or dump feed avoiding loose feed as the carp are attracted by noise

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
What a great picture. I hope your lad carries on and takes up the sport.

Your question has been answered numerous times but, personally I’d start with the elastic. And if it’s a solid try either lubricating it by pulling it out under the water or apply some diluted hair conditioner on it. If that doesn’t work at least your hair will be nice and shiny. ??

Steve88

i confess i have not read all the thread so apologies if going over something already mentioned

1) #10 elastic & b911 is classic, no problem there
2) Did you say it was a solid ? Hollow would be softer in that grade, new slik is ideal (or NG Ultra)
3) How tight was your elastic set, if tight it could be acting like a 20 and fish react to pressure.....
4) your were using banded pellet ? I suffer loads of foul hookers with band 6mm at dead to near dead depth
Stick a bit of paste on, or maybe corn and hey presto proper bites.
5) possibly too many fish in the peg, cut back on loose feed, kinder (small pole pot) for each fish hooked in a targeted area.
or dump feed avoiding loose feed as the carp are attracted by noise
In regards to the elastic tightness it may have been too tight, after a fish or 2 it had stretched and had a bit dangling out of the bottom, so I tied a new knot in it but that snapped, so then had to tie another, I had lost some fish before that, so while that probably dint help in the slightest, not sure that was soley to blame.

A point I hadn't thought of though so thanks for bringing that up.

Steve88

What a great picture. I hope your lad carries on and takes up the sport.

Your question has been answered numerous times but, personally I’d start with the elastic. And if it’s a solid try either lubricating it by pulling it out under the water or apply some diluted hair conditioner on it. If that doesn’t work at least your hair will be nice and shiny. ??
Thanks, he does enjoy going and he could do with a day just learning without his dad jumping on the box and not letting him have a go ?

The venue has loads of tiny silver fish for him to practice on using just a top 2, I just need to get some lighter rigs set up, it's very rarely a proper bite with them more of a drag it under slowly and sideways.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Thanks, he does enjoy going and he could do with a day just learning without his dad jumping on the box and not letting him have a go ?

The venue has loads of tiny silver fish for him to practice on using just a top 2, I just need to get some lighter rigs set up, it's very rarely a proper bite with them more of a drag it under slowly and sideways.
I love to see young lads and lasses having a go. We all should be encouraging them where we can. Just think of all the good times us lot have had growing up as young anglers. Life is all about experiences. ?

Steve88

I love to see young lads and lasses having a go. We all should be encouraging them where we can. Just think of all the good times us lot have had growing up as young anglers. Life is all about experiences. ?
He's pretty good whilst we're there too gets a little impatient if he's not fishing, but will have little walk about, and quite often brings back rubbish other anglers have left so it can be chucked away properly.

He's the reason I got back into fishing after about 15 to 20 years, developed an obsession with wanting to go fishing out of nowhere, took him and caught the bug again myself

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
He's pretty good whilst we're there too gets a little impatient if he's not fishing, but will have little walk about, and quite often brings back rubbish other anglers have left so it can be chucked away properly.

He's the reason I got back into fishing after about 15 to 20 years, developed an obsession with wanting to go fishing out of nowhere, took him and caught the bug again myself
That's heartwarming mate, just how the relationship between father and son should be and, as for him collecting rubbish; you have obviously done a great job in bringing him up(y) You should take him to an MD match or 'fish in' he would love it.