Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi everyone,

I am trying to catch up on a backlog of stuff and came across this suggestion

quote: With all this travelling to various fishing venues it would be nice to have a forum page for pubs / accomodation near to venues.

Also it should mention eating facilities 'cause I like my grub not to mention the occasional pint. Occasional being underlined / crossed out / deleted.

Poles

So come on, how's about it - recommend a place near your favourite fisheries where you can grab a bite to eat or enjoy a pint after (or before icon_smile_wink.gif) a day's fishing.

I'll start it off with these two:

Pub - Britannia Inn, Commercial Street, Tadcaster. Telephone 01937 832168. Mein hosts Brian & Angela Hopper. A Samuel Smith's pub with good prices (1.16 a pint) and excellent homecooked food.

Cafe - The Big Chef Cafe, Crockey Hill, York. (On the A19 between York and Selby close to Wheldrake). Telephone 01904 630104. Open 7 days a week and serves an excellent breakfast

Get posting and if there's enough of them I'll build a page up for the site,

Dave beer-toast1.gif

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
You've forgotten about your giant bivvy near Izaak Walton fishery Dave.

The Railway, Station Road Norton Bridge nr Stafford.

Excellent grub, good ale, & a fantastic looking barmaid.
Oh & they do B&B for the anglers who are scared of the cold!! icon_smile_wink.gif

Alan

G

Maggotville Semmer Water,
Good beer, good B.B.Q and good companyicon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_wink.gif
Mein Host,,,,,,,,the Maggotdrowners of course

i'm going to bait up
Andy

martin.

Account Locked
hi andy
how can you remember it but it was a good time

back to subject
the tydd gote inn @tydd gote reopened after renovation & a new owner a few weeks back its right next to the north level has something onevery w/e live music or something they do good food b&b & open all day you can also get day tickets for our river there
ill add tel number at w/e

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Status
Not open for further replies.