Ptfe bush for Drennan Series 7 universal top kit?

paulod

Site Supporter
Hi. I’ve bought one of these to try as an alternative to my expensive carp top kits. I measured the diameter ( as best I could, given how small it is). I bought a 3mm Maverick internal bush which turned out to be just too big, so I bought the next size down: 2.8mm which I’ve Just found is too small! The top kit had an external bush pre fitted which I had to cut off, ( I don’t like externals). Anyone had this problem and found the correct fitting?

paulod

Site Supporter
Hi. I’ve bought one of these to try as an alternative to my expensive carp top kits. I measured the diameter ( as best I could, given how small it is). I bought a 3mm Maverick internal bush which turned out to be just too big, so I bought the next size down: 2.8mm which I’ve Just found is too small! The top kit had an external bush pre fitted which I had to cut off, ( I don’t like externals). Anyone had this problem and found the correct fitting?
For ‘Maverick’ read Maver... ?

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Might have read it wrong, but the first dimensions needed is for the elastic you plan to use, then the bush size, then cut back to take the bush?

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
You can just cut back the carbon by a small amount to suit the bush you have which is slightly too big, just trim about half an inch off at a time until the PTFE is a tight fit.

paulod

Site Supporter
I’m trying to
You can just cut back the carbon by a small amount to suit the bush you have which is slightly too big, just trim about half an inch off at a time until the PTFE is a tight fit.
avoid this as I want the Drennan to be as near as possible the same length as my Maver Elite Carp 4 tops.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
You are only going to remove a couple of centimeters from the end of the Drennan section if the 3mm bush nearly fits as you say so that is going to make such a small difference insignificant in the grand scheme of things.