PRS guitars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenith20

I don't know if anyone has used one before but I'm thinking of getting one ( eventually ) Reason for the Topic is has anyone ever used one, or owned one? I'm stuck between a Strat and a PRS Custom 24. There is... Somewhat a price difference! Haha. Quite a lot should I say.

Anyway. If anyone has any info on them that'll be great. If not, don't worry about it.

Thanks for the help.

Tom.

codenamemilo

Depends on what sort of music you enjoy and playing style and budget. I'd tak a tele over a strat anyday.

zenith20

The Tele's are nice. I don't really like that "twang" if you know what I mean?

As for the music. It's mostly 80's rock stuff. Queen, Bon Jovi, Dire Straits, kind of got into Lynyrd Skynyrd (however you spell it) lol

codenamemilo

I would go for the strat then. PRS fine but strat would be more authentic for the sound you seem to be looking for.

Having said that its a bit like buying a pole or expensive rod - yo want to get the feel befoe you invest. Any decent guitar shop will let you give both a decent runout instore. Instrments a really personal thing so try before you buy.

I toured for 5 years and despite playing in alt rock bands i ended up with a 68 reissue fender Jazz bass, unusual for the sort of music but the second i started to play it fell in love with it. find a decent store with a good stock and try everything in your price range.

Last edited:

The_Sogster

Stick and 'Pin
PRS are very nice, check out their Dragon 3 series. Lottery winners only.
Personally I don't like strats I'm a confirmed Gibson man. But if I had to have a Fender it would be a tele with a humbucker.

j w grummett

if your not in a band and out gigging why dont you look for a vintage guitar like a tiesco del ray and an old valve amp.
ive got an old tiesco and its sounds mint, brill for playing slide on aswell
check out tiesco guitars on you tube and have a listen.

zenith20

Thanks for the help!

j w grummett. I'm kind of in a band but not. If that make sense?. We sometimes go out and about but it's not a constant run if you know what I mean.

Price range is up too around 1k. I was looking at the Olympic White Fender Strat. But then I saw the Sunburst one and I was then back to square one! lol Had a look at the PRS but they are far too expensive. They are very nice, beautiful in fact. I love the Bird Inlays. For what I do with them I think they are too expensive.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Zenith PM redneckangling as I know he knows his guitars. Of what length of knowledge im unsure but its worth a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.