Proud Dad

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Yesterday Gert jnr was in a Morrison’s grabbing some dinner when a elderly lady came running in panicking and shouting she needed a first aider and a ambulance. My little girl stated she was a first aider and followed her to be met by her husband on the floor pumping blood out from a burst artery in his leg, she ripped her scarf off and tied it tight above the artery and raised his leg whilst telling a member of the public to go get the nurse from her surgery, she then asked if an ambulance was on its way ? To be told it’s gonna be 40 mins, she rang them back and demanded blue lights as the old lad could bleed out and had already lost a lot of blood. 5 mins later he was on his way to hospital. My little girl minus a scarf returned to work. Well done love for staying calm. And all them who stood about filming on yer phones I hope ya learned summat.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
proud and rightly so! well done Gert Jnr.

Sad way of life now that the first thing people do is get their phones out to record whats going on

Wise Owl

Account Locked
The thing an all was because the person who rang the Ambulance said the old bloke was being attended to by a NHS staff member (she had her I’d badge on) they said the ambulance wasn’t an emergency 😱

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Yesterday Gert jnr was in a Morrison’s grabbing some dinner when a elderly lady came running in panicking and shouting she needed a first aider and a ambulance. My little girl stated she was a first aider and followed her to be met by her husband on the floor pumping blood out from a burst artery in his leg, she ripped her scarf off and tied it tight above the artery and raised his leg whilst telling a member of the public to go get the nurse from her surgery, she then asked if an ambulance was on its way ? To be told it’s gonna be 40 mins, she rang them back and demanded blue lights as the old lad could bleed out and had already lost a lot of blood. 5 mins later he was on his way to hospital. My little girl minus a scarf returned to work. Well done love for staying calm. And all them who stood about filming on yer phones I hope ya learned summat.
Well done to your daughter thats fabulous, she may have saved his life 😀

JayD

This has prompted me to maybe retake my first aid course 👍
Well done to your daughter Mr Owl, it's a shame that there aren't more like her, who put others before self.

As to retaking your first aid course, I think it's a great idea, especially in your line of work. I recommend everyone to take one, or at least get some basic knowledge of first aid. I've heard a lot of people say that they don't think that they would be able to respond to an emergency situation, but it's surprising what can happen with just a little training and knowledge. There have been 3 main occasions where I have been very glad that I took the opportunity to take the course when offered, I only wish I'd taken it much earlier in my life.

John

tunna

well done Gert Jnr, (y)a lot of people will not get involved these days. i've seen it happen.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Another very well done Gert Jnr and not surprised Dad is very proud of his No 1 daughter for keeping her head and not freezing up on the spot.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Superb work Gert jnr, well done - not only the rapid first aid but the presence to drive the urgency with 999 too, outstanding job.