Protak clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanny

Has anybody purchased any of Protak's winter clothing, as I am keen to purchase a bibb & brace,and heard quite a few good comments on their clothing, unless you know better !!!![8)]

p.sw

norm

never even heard of it mate
but if you want any advice just say in the pub untill summer (LOL)

just joking mate good luck

Larry

Lazarus
Swanny ,do what i did i was looking for winter clothing to go to the fish in we at Semmer water last someone on herei think Dave or Stu reccomended instead of buyimg winter thermal wet suit which are to warm to use in summer i get a woolly Bear suit then then with my friendly local tackle dealer tried some medium thermal wet wear bib &brace&wet jacket to go over the top that way youv'e 4 options in one 1) you use the Wooly bear on it's own if 's cold &dry or windy. (2) you can use bib &brace all year to keep you dry &clean .(3) you can use bib&brace &top coat if it wet in summer . 94) or you can use all 3 like i did at semmer water wooley bear suit over the to p with bib&brace&top coat the top coat i had was a Leon Grant the bib&brace were tri cast not cheap the coat about 90/100.00 bib&brce about 70 .00 wooly bear about 35.00 .so for 2oo.00 ive got 4 set ups.

Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

mike s

About a dozen of the lads in our club bought the Protak gear as team outfit & all say it's 100%. I'm ordering the same for myself after new year having compared it with other gear at trade shows etc.

"Wot, no Fish!"

david platt

Fusilier
Hi Swanny,
Yes I have a Bib & Brace + Jacket from Protaks ( Made to measure )
and would not be without them, Nice & warm [8D]
waterproof and windproof.[:D]
Would recommend them to anyone[^]
david

lanc

swanny

Thanks everyone, I phoned up, and they lady was really helpful, have arranged a visit to try on some winter wear.[^][^]

p.sw

bards

Swanny
Purchased a set of the matchman Bib & Brace 1 year ago, at the start wern't over impressed but as the year has progressed I have realised how good they are, they are very waterproof (that may partly be due to the actions of wiping my hands down the legs as an impromptu towel!, Has anyone else noticed that catmeat sheen present on many a set?), warm, the fittings and clasps have coped with my considerable frame and they are very light.
Worn them all year, have no hesitation in recommending them.

Ta, Bards.

P.S I made good use of the detachable front pouch/pocket, I use it as a line spool holder in the base of my seatbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.