Pros and cons of park lakes

JayBee

I fish bushy park near Hampton court palace regularly its a public park, and fished it on opening day,
I don't mind the people asking if you can eat the fish lol,I'm happy to chat most people show a healthy interest,
It's a better venue than some of my club lakes I fish for scenery wise, lovely deer and wildlife,
You get the stuck up ones asking if you are hurting the fish ,lol, but I tend to lgnore them
It's patrolled by the local police so no idiots over there ,
It's a welcome break from pressurise commercials ,or water fished constantly,
I go there if I fancy an easy day catching loads...
It's a place we all started fishing ,that and rivers
Is Bushy Park where bottomless bikinis are often worn?.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Used to live near crooks valley park boating lake used to be full of roach some carp tench seen a terrapin sunbathing one year you can still see fish but last time I walked around people where fishing while smoking joints
You get people swimming there now rather go to club ponds now out of way and no idiots or swimmers

The Saint

Paul
Site Supporter
My partners family are up there. Took a stroll round the lake last year and saw a mid 20 landed. Ill be bringing my rods up with me next week when we visit. Was busy with the usual members of public but there were some serious anglers on there and I've read good reports about the place. Can't wait to get a session in!
You need to book on via their facebook page, any problems drop me a message.

davylad

Site Supporter
East Park lake in Hull is a cracking venue, although I haven't fished it myself for years. They catch cracking tench bream carp and massive pike. I've heard it's a bit weeded up, but anglers drag a peg, so plenty to go at. We used to fish it in mid winter and catch cracking roach, not a lot but maybe a dozen on a good day, fish up to 11/2lb.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Instant win 👍👍👍
When I caught it a couple of hysterical women were walking past completely shocked at what was happening. One was saying "Frog! Frog!" in broken English and I had to calm them both down that it would be ok.

Wandle Wanderer

You need to book on via their facebook page, any problems drop me a message.
Yep been messaging them since Jan, finally getting up there tomorrow.

Have a small hatchback so it's gotta be compact gear - the Nash 9ft 2.75 dwarfs are coming up with me, as well as the bait boat as casting with them wont get much distance. Can't bloody wait!!